UKGSer Girls Claim 'Around Britain' Ride Title

A huge THANK YOU to Steve, Karen, Andy, Paul and Lucy for all your hard work in the background! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Without your commitment and tireless efforts this whole project would have never materialised. I mean, I just followed one of my favourite pastimes and tapped up a few friends and colleagues for donations, but you struggled through all the tedious stages and looked after each essential details on the way to the challenge's success. :thumb

You should be very proud of yourselves! Hope you have the chance to take it a bit easier now and are able to recover from the last eight stressful months...

Thank you again, hugs and continental kisses,

Ela x

P.S. If you ever want to make use of this experience in a job application - just let us know and we will write you an excellent reference... ;)

Unreal :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb. good on ya girls :bow :bow :bow :bow
The record is a bonus you all deserve for all the work you have done both on and off the saddle. :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Well done all the ladies, I was glad to have been part of it. It's great when a plan comes together :thumb

Well done Girls.

You done a grand job. :thumb :bow :bow :clap :clap

I was honoured to be part of this and very proud to see you all home safe and on time, Well done. :clap :clap

A few more women can rest a little more easily tonight knowing that the help they so desperately need is a small but positvie step closer.

Val.

:thumb FANTASTIC - :thumb especially by the supoport team over the long months preceding the ride :clap :clap :clap , all concerned can take a great deal of pride and satisfaction from a job well done. It was a pleasure to be a part of it.

What they said! :thumb

Excellent effort for a great cause!

RAM-man said:
After a eurphoric week in which many of us watched this ride challenge around Britain unfold, the dust has now settled which allows me the greatest pleasure on behalf of the admin team (Paul, Lucy, Andy, Karen and me) to declare that in September 2006 a girl team of 11 riders forming the UKGSer 'Pink Way Around Britain' challenge set a record ride time of 76 hours 27 minutes to complete a 2945 mile , non-stop perimeter ride around mainland Britain whilst raising funds for Breast Cancer Care.

Our Girl team of; Karen, Manuela, Jaq , Sharron, Maria, Lucy, Amy, Tash, Moira, Allison and Sue rode a pre-determined route, before passing on the baton, a pink bra, to their colleague who continued until they had circumnavigated mainland Britain, along with rider support from GS colleagues.

Having met many of these girl riders at last weekends EM rally in Leicester they were thrilled and overwhelmed with their own and the team's overall achievement of this challenge ride.

Well done to all riders and their support who worked and rode so very hard to make this happen. Its a first, so be rightly proud as no one can take it away :bow :clap :clap :clap :clap .

timings.jpg

Good effort from you all :clap , but not nearly as good as this one by MUPPET

Yes it was not a none stop run, but as he was on his OWN he never had a lot of choice :thumb

Regards
Brian

Beast said:
Good effort from you all :clap , but not nearly as good as this one by MUPPET

Yes it was not a none stop run, but as he was on his OWN he never had a lot of choice :thumb

Regards
Brian

Thank you Brian, unfortunately your links not working .... but please send Muppet our sincere congratulations. Absolute sterling job if he did this run on his own. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom