Baehr or Autocom

sanqhar

Reaction score
Starting this as a new thread.

My 1993 Autocom has recently given up the ghost. I am looking at replacing it with the Autocom Active-PLUS duo kit at £199.99 (might get one a bit cheaper at the NEC bike show!). I am a very satisfied Autocom customer, but have an open mind.

Can anyone tell me what the BAEHR equivalent is and why should I consider buying it?

What is the comparison with Autocom, is it better? What are the prices? How easy is it to fit into a helmet (wife System IV Evo, me Concept C2)?

I have just upgraded from a year 2000 Autocom Pro M-1 to the Super-Pro AVi. I am impressed with extra volume, crispness of speech, clarity of side-stone and effectiveness of AutoVox.
I have lots of dealers in my area and the quality and thoroughness of work done by the factory fitters is excellent.
Still a very happy Autocom user. :)

I use a Baehr Verso XL which I have been very impressed with. I bought it to replace an old Autocom Pro (circa 1995), which I had fitted in an Arai Quantum, and my wife had in a System 3. I always found that the Autocom failed to live up to my expectations, and was never able to have the high quality clear sound that was promised in the adverts. I know that people say you have to experiment with the speakers, but I did that and was still disappointed. The Verso was fitted into a new System 5, and you wouldn't even know the speakers were there. Clarity is excellent, and it copes extremely well with the rider-to-pillion intercom, iPod and TomTom Rider GPS audio. We have both suffered on occasions with a crackling, which does seem to be caused by heavy rain. One thing that I did find difficult to get used to was the fact that when you speak you can't hear yourself through the microphones the way I used to with the Autocom - it does take a few journeys to gain the confidence that it really is working as advertised. There certainly seems to be a greater range of adjustment than my old Autocom, but I'm not really comparing like for like as I don't know what the modern ones are like. Suffice it to say I can recommend the Baehr Verso XL; any questions I'm sure Dutchman at Motorrad Concepts would be able to answer them.

Iain

Back
Top Bottom