September get together.

Meeting in Upton

Hi May be a daft question, but, where is Upton?
There are several.
Is it the one on the A417 near Harwell?

Thanks

Gary

yes very close to Hagbourne

A34 to Milton interchange (Didcot)

Left A4130 to Rowstock roundabout

Turn left A417 arrive in Upton after a couple of miles

There are more scenic routes but this is the easiest.

i know its gettin real near, but is this open to londoners as well? if so, what road is the g&d on, and if your going of road is it harsh or moderate, runing on tourances :cool:

gazza007 said:
i know its gettin real near, but is this open to londoners as well? if so, what road is the g&d on, and if your going of road is it harsh or moderate, runing on tourances :cool:
G&D is on the main road through Upton A417 (about here N51 34.674 W1 15.825)

It's been dry the last couple of days so I'd say the going offroad will be "moderate" :cool: - leaving the services just south of J13 M4 around 6.30 - if you are running a little late I'm on 07754 09 double 0 double 9

gazza007 said:

A couple of the double hard types are leaving chievely services M4/A34 at 18:30 for an off road bimble to the g&d. I'm sure they wouldn't mind company :nenau

The rest of us are meeting up for a beer and a chat in the pub

You are very welcome to join us :thumb

Shep

gazza007 said:

... More the merrier (we must be desperate ... erm ... we are desperate!)

... Clive is your off-road route master, allegedly leaving from Chievely Services M4 around 6:30ish (PM'd him?)

... Reasonable grub and ale and an hour or so of natter.

As previously mentioned G&D is on A417 between Streatley and Wantage (between villages of Blewbury and Harwell), near the A34 Didcot exits

... Postcode is OX11 9JJ for your multi-map

Shep said:
Dont worry most of us don't bite :D Not sure about that "Pumpy" though :D

Shep

Paul, we need to talk... :eyebrow

cheers all it looks abit late to make it for the offroad bit but hopfully see you lot in the pub :beerjug: bonjour!

Well, I've discovered a fine new sport - riding around the Ridgeway in the pitch black with a flat rear tyre :rolleyes:

Hooray for the BMW tyre plugs :cool:

Thanks to Jason and Gary for helping out with the fun and games :thumb

Oohh that was fun, dark but fun!

Thanks Clive :thumb ... it made an interesting end to the nights festivities!

j

Yep, it was great to see everybody again, not a bad turn-out either.

Sounds like Clive and the others had fun on the way home as well :eek:

Shep

yo clive good to see you got home ok,still getting bits of mud out of every nook & cranny on both me & the bm. came off it twice dont ya know :thumb still bl** dy good fun what? nice to meet every body :beerjug: a good bunch of lads & lasses. i`d recomend it to all the newbys :cool:

... Twas a convivial gathering, sorry I had to bail out slightly ahead of the pack

... Looking forward to another gathering. I hope I can fit it into my plans for the rest of the year. TTFN

Good to see you all putting more names to faces,.... but riding off road in the black on a tank...... your all made I say your all made :D

Back
Top Bottom