Muffs & Gauchos

Steptoe said:
I arrived back on Monday night after being away since the 10th nov. I opened ALL my post yesterday 21th Nov, and also tried to earn a living doing some work.

Over the next two days i'll be packing the goods and sending them off.

The only cheques i've cashed are those who's goods have been sent, which was before i went away on the 10th Nov, at 5am, so anything that came that day was not dealt with, obviously.

I've your cheque here at the moment. Which I'll be sending it back to you this afternoon. Thats both our problems solved . Cheers.

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

The spare pair of muffs created has, possibly, gone to me.

Arrived this morning, first class mail, following a PM to Steptoe and a cheque sent off on Monday.

Seeing as the whole operation seems to be run from a potting shed it's top service! :clap

Wapping said:
It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

The spare pair of muffs created has, possibly, gone to me.

Arrived this morning, first class mail, following a PM to Steptoe and a cheque sent off on Monday.

Seeing as the whole operation seems to be run from a potting shed it's top service! :clap

Well I'm impressed! sent the cheque 25th, got the muffs today. WOW :thumb They look great.

thanks Neil first class.

Wapping said:

Don't be rude about his state-of-the-art computer-designed, barcode-stockcontrolled, air-conditioned, fully H&S compliant expresso-maker equipped workshop suite facility.

Muffs now duly strapped onto my K12R :

....Heated grips now redundant!!!

....Wish I had bought them years ago (too proud)!!!

....Glued the spare velcro onto my de-mister/mirco fibre pad (£1.99 halfords)
and stuck it onto velcro bar.....

...Hands are non toasty and I can clean my visor whilst on the move !!!

....Feckin Magic!!!

Garryc said:
Muffs now duly strapped onto my K12R :

....QUOTE]

:nono

You CAN"T do that to such a nice bike. A GS ok , but a K12R - come on :mmmm

....Trev,

Its getting cold these days and the muffs make some difference on my daily 100mile commute...

...might be ugle, but I can live with that.

OK Steptoe, so you have sold all of yours - please, someone, where can I buy a pair?
MCN have no adverts for them - and if you phone some of the clothing dealers they just stare down the phone blankly - like you have asked for something from Mars.:rolleyes:

Come on guys - give me a break, tell me where I can buy some. My winter gloves and heated grips on full blast are useless - frozen digits in less than 30 miles. If these things are so good I'll use them, with winter gloves and heated grips - then I'll have warm hands. This rain is making my fingers go solid.

Info - please! Info.

OK Steptoe, so you have sold all of yours - please, someone, where can I buy a pair?
MCN have no adverts for them - and if you phone some of the clothing dealers they just stare down the phone blankly - like you have asked for something from Mars.:rolleyes:

Come on guys - give me a break, tell me where I can buy some. My winter gloves and heated grips on full blast are useless - frozen digits in less than 30 miles. If these things are so good I'll use them, with winter gloves and heated grips - then I'll have warm hands. This rain is making my fingers go solid.

Info - please! Info.

I bought a pair of "Oxford" ones a couple of years ago B4 I leaned about Tossers. I think that I got them from Heine G. They aren't as good as the Steptoe ones sound but certainly keep the wind blast off and mean I can wear summer gloves and occasionally put the heated grips on low. I had to modify them slightly for the mirror stalks, not pretty but functional. I also drilled a 3mm hole through the side of the brush guards and used a small nut and bolt to keep them at the correct angle so that they wouldn't interfere with control.

In fact, is here anyone out there who knows if the grip temperature can be adjusted? Low is still too high with summer gloves and mitts and high has always meant cooked palms even if my fingertips where freezing.

Thanks for the help lads - i'll see if i can manage a trip into an HG at some stage on my travels.

I can't believe what i am hearing from you though Packer - no way high is too high. It is nowhere near high enough! I could do with an adjustment of about magnitude 10 to get tepid. That is with under gloves and some very good all weather gloves over the top - bloody freezing! I have to remember to turn the grips off when I start the bike - becuase invariably they are left on "fry" from the last trip:eek:

Hell isn't too warm for me - which is just as well:spitfire

What's this pay £10 bit all about.

i wondered what a site sponsor was - even asked the otter about it, but just got a sarcastic reply that it meant becoming a sponsr of the site....still none the wiser! It didn't tell me what I had to do:confused:

I can't PM the organisers to find out because - guess what - I have to have done it first:mmmm

My computer nowlege isn't very advanced - i have only just found out how to use the little faces.

Someone mentioned a search - thanks for the advice, but I haven't a clue what you are on about though.

Those patient guys have been a great help and I am grateful to everyone who has pointed me along the right path.:beerjug: Cheers guys, if we meet somewhere and somewhen I'll get a jug for the table:beer:

My gaucho is too efficient!

Looking for advice here. Since fitting the gaucho on my 1150 GS, I find that the whole back of the bike and myself are soaked and splattered. For example, went out for 4 hours today and front kept dry, but all the back covered in mud and wet.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if the gaucho is creating a vacuum (or preventing previous air pressure) which stopped the rear wheel throwing up stuff from the road. Would a hugger be the solution?

(Sensible) suggestions on a postcard please

Looking for advice here. Since fitting the gaucho on my 1150 GS, I find that the whole back of the bike and myself are soaked and splattered. For example, went out for 4 hours today and front kept dry, but all the back covered in mud and wet.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if the gaucho is creating a vacuum (or preventing previous air pressure) which stopped the rear wheel throwing up stuff from the road. Would a hugger be the solution?

(Sensible) suggestions on a postcard please

Me too - Nice and dry on the front but arse and rear of thighs all muddy. Having said that, I did have the 12GSA panniers and top box fitted so don't know whether that made a difference. Inside edge of gaucho (furry bits) were all shitty too. Have got a Wunderlich hugger so it's not the 'usual' GS problem.

Back
Top Bottom