Rideout Saturday 14th june Fish and Chips

Geriatric Germ

Reaction score
:D :D :D :D
Myself and Retroman are going for a quiet saunter through Wales next Saturday,starting at Coryton jn 32 M4 (Asda-Mcdonalds) 8.30 kickoff,heading north then west,probably end up on the west coast of Wales for lunch before dawdling back,any takers?

Yeah, may I be the first home to post. Joined Andy at the top of Elan Valley, waited for the Gang, retroman, 2 Wheel Humvee and Dennis, got too hungry, thoght we might have missed them and shot down to the Chippie in Aberaeron. They arrived 1/2 hour later then after ice ccreams ets went down to a little old ladies (Bessie) front room and drank draught Bass served in a jug straight out of a barrell (flat as a fart but ace!) till we could hardly stand, took pics of each other and wobbled off home!!
Thanks guys, a good ride in good company (well till I got p----d)
To the next time.
:beer: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Attachments

• gsers sat 14-06-03-2.jpg
    gsers sat 14-06-03-2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 225
and another

Again

Retro and Humvee chatting up a fellow with legs and 4 or 5 kids

Attachments

• gsers sat 14-06-03.jpg
    gsers sat 14-06-03.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 216
ILL SECOND THAT.DIDNT DECIDE TO GO UNTIL THIS MORNING BUT GLAD I DID,THOROULY ENJOYED THE DAY.THE SUN WAS OUT INTERESTING ROADS(AND FUN) GOOD COMPANY WHAT MORE COULD ANYONE ASK FOR.

Bloody top day

Good to meet up with you all, chaps ... from Cardiff we had a jaunt around the valleys inc the Rhigos mountain road, a top blast along the Elan Valley, F&C in Aberaeron, some mad roads in darkest West Wales and then down to Bessies for the aforementioned entertainment.

Coming back, a stunning road: B4313 to Narbeth ... major grins:D thank you Dennis & Steve for the local knowledge!!

A cracking day out despite being followed by the cops for no reason near Aberdare, and then finding a FREAKIN' GREAT NAIL IN MY BRAND NEW REAR TYRE when I got home!!

Thanks Humvee for organising this:beerjug:

Rideout Saturday 14th June Fish & Chips

A good time was had by all then!
Thanks for the company guys,nice to meet some new faces,well done to Dennis and his GPS-we knew where we were most of the time,didn't we Dave?
Dunno what Bessie puts in those pint pots but if one was enough to wreck rcc54 I'm booking a weekend away near Fishguard-real soon!
:beerjug: :beerjug: :beer:

Re: Rideout Saturday 14th June Fish & Chips

2 wheel humvee said:
we knew where we were most of the time,didn't we Dave?
beerjug: :beerjug: :beer:

... er, yeah, absolutely:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rob me old mate, speak for yourself, 'fraid the EVIAN didn't do it for me but that pint of yours looked REAL dandy ...

As for the puncture debacle, National Tyres on Penarth Road Cardiff sorted it in 20 minutes for £10 .... bargain

:beerjug:

well done to Dennis and his GPS

Glad to be of assistance with good old bitchin' Betty, Still a bit confused about that farm trach tho', must investigate further.

Well the day certainly finished off my rear Tourance nicely. New one fitted yesterday. All running sweetly again. Now if only the new disc and plugs arrive today I'll be a happy bunnt.

Great day out, I echo everything Andy said and more of the same.

Respect due to Matt for those stoppies.... Didn't realise it was possible with ABS. Still it makes me wonder even moire about a post I saw from one member claiming that he managed to get his ABS cutting in almost everytime he stopped at a set of lights... is his ABS faulty or just hios riding ?????

Oh, and Steve, sorry about that 90 right just before Star, but hey, we made it (just) :D :D :D

Same here guy's. Thoroughly enjoyed it ( well… half of it) and very sorry to missed the other half. Certainly looking forward to the next ride.

BTW, Dennis can you email me the GPS info we talked about?

Cheers,

Kostas

Hi Kostas,

I'll try to dig the info out to emails you tomorrow, won't get a chance to get back to my computer today, I', in another office running an embroidery machine of all things !!!!!!!

Great to meet up with you on Saturday, Hope we can all get together again at some point.

Rideout Saturday 14th June Fish & Chips

Dennis said;
"Great to meet up with you on Saturday,Hope we can all get together again at some point"

Tell you what Dennis,lets make it a regular thing,lets do a
(think of something catchy that trips off the lips)
"June Fish and Chips run"
We could do it every year!!!
If the idea caught on it could be adopted by GS'ers in other areas,but they might like to find a picturesque seaside town with a fish and chip shop a bit closer than Aberaeron-or they might not!! :beerjug:

We could do it every year!!!

I'm up for that one Humvee.

It would be nice to show some the guys what south and west Wales has to offer instead of forever heading full tilt North.:wave

I'm up for that

... the annual 'lets try and lose Retro on the Rhigos Mountain' challenge

:D

Retro,
Not wishing to hijack the thread, but.......

I take it you are riding up to Betws y Coed Thursday evening next week. Give me bell so we can hopefully arrange to ride up together. Either day 01267 222877 Eve 01267 281730 Mobile 07971 169180

Re: We could do it every year!!!

Dennis said:
I'm up for that one Humvee.

It would be nice to show some the guys what south and west Wales has to offer instead of forever heading full tilt North.:wave

:rolleyes: Yeah, but can the Beautiful Bessie put 25 GSer's up in her barn? :redlight :beer: :drackula :hapybnce:

Lets try again

Here we go ... dennis, ALTHLHS, Humvee and Ming outside a world famous (NOT) chip shop in Treorchy or thereabouts ...

Attachments

• 015_12.jpg
    015_12.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 95
The glorious Elan Valley

... Humvee and Kostas take a well-earned, having been chased by a Red Kite (as in the bird of prey, not Retro on Helga) along the Elan Valley

Attachments

• 023_20.jpg
    023_20.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 94
WHERE THE FECK ARE WE??

Dennis's GPS fails to lead us to Bessie's place ... welcome rcc54

Attachments

• 027_24.jpg
    027_24.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 54
Just a thought ... if we do this later in the year/next year, how about a camping overnight in the field next to Bessie's pub ... would give us a chance to sample the local brew in more detail methinks ....

How about it fellas??

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beerjug:

yeah im up for that.

why dont we go out on a regular basis anyway. wales does have some great roads for the G S all on our doorstep.

Back
Top Bottom