Adding a boom mic to Stenheiser px100

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi peeps, Just wondering if anyone knows where to get boom mics from and if it's possible to graft one to my px100 headphones. Other option is to graft them to an autocom headset. Don't really like standard headset speakers as they are usually poor at music reproduction. looking at the Autocom super Avi (or whatever it's called) top of the range jobbie. Are they any good?.

Try Studiospares in north London. Their comprehensive catalogue is full of interesting goodies. Beyer make excellent headphones with microphone options with the added advantage of user replaceable parts when needed. Sennheiser also have Headphone/mic combinations which you may prefer. If you're set on keeping the headphones you've got, try someything like the akg C444L (although a touch expensive) which is a headworn mike and can be combined with whatever 'phones you want. Hope this helps. :thumb

Not really helped me too much as the price is crazy!!!! I wonder whether grafting the headphones onto an autocom headset would be easier? The other problem I can foresee is getting the right connection to the Autocom unit itself unless I can buy the correct fitting. What do you reckon?

May be worth speaking to Autocom - generally very helpful. I asked a question about using headphones with one of their sets instead of the helmet speakers and they seemed to have suitable bits to do it. Can't find the email they sent me :rolleyes: I intend to follow this up again next year for a trip with my son - I wanted to fit those speaker/ear plugs so we can chat and listen to the iPod en route.

Cheers,

Psyko

Back
Top Bottom