The Month of October

Duchess

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
October is officially the month for Breast Cancer Awareness.

http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/breast-cancer-awareness-month/article/20060926054209990002

The challenge was timed to coincide with BCC's awareness campaign for the month of October. Our aim is to make sure BCC receive these much needed monies by the end of this month.

On behalf of the team could I ask that you all please start collecting your sponsor monies, bank them in any Barclays branch (see sort code and account details below) and post your sponsor forms to UKGSer with the bank receipt attached.

All cheques must be made payable to: The Pink Way Around Britain Challenge

Sort code: 20 - 42 - 76
Account Number: 10756547

Postal address for sponsor forms:

UKGSER.com
1 New Houses
Montford
SHREWSBURY
SY4 1AA

We've done the hardest bit ... the ride was completed in record time. However the challenge is not complete until all monies are officially with BCC.

One final push :thumb

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Chqa made out to BReast CAncer Care

Hi Duchess,
Some of my cheques are made out to Breast Cancer Care.....what do we do with them?
Most of my monies are in but people don't always do what we want when!! I will try to get the majority of it in.....fingers crossed!
Moo

sillymoo said:
Some of my cheques are made out to Breast Cancer Care.....what do we do with them ?
Most of my monies are in but people don't always do what we want when!! I will try to get the majority of it in.....fingers crossed! Moo

Amy, I maybe better in replying to this on behalf of the team. The task for us within the admin team is to reconcile all monies from whatever direction it appears and keeping tabs.

I assume these cheques are from individual(s) and not a company ? .... *If* ...
Any company is making use of 'Company Matched Giving' where the tax relief is matched in full, then they are correct by making the cheque payable to Breast Cancer Care which I shall use with a Paying In Form and Sponsorship Form so its assigned to overall fund for the UKGSer Pink Way Around Britain Challenge.

You can send the cheque(s) to me at RAM UK with a copy of a sponsorship form completed by you, in your name. I shall forward cheque(s) to the charity with a paying in form but will also ask you to pass the original copy of your sponsor form to the UKGSer address given with an indication of the sum value of the cheque(s) passed to me.

To add a little interest in how the funds are progressing forward we, as in the Admin Team, have come up with the following, just to push it a little further :

barometery.gif

Remember, all accounts are closing on or around 31.10.2006 ... the final countdown has now begun.

Gentle bump .....

We will be closing the charity accounts in the next 7 days.

Would you please make sure all your completed sponsor forms have been posted to UKGSer and all monies are paid into the charity account (see details above post #1) as soon as possible.

Any problems, questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact either Ram-man, Paul G (BHT) or myself.

thank you

:)

Tried to pay my sponsor money into the sort code /account number today.
My bank (RBOS) would not accept it. They told me that I needed a pay in slip. They also said that any of the other local banks would be the same. :nenau
Is the account in a Lloyds. I think the nearest one to me is in Glasgow.
Any other way that I can do this ?
Gordon

G.C. said:
Tried to pay my sponsor money into the sort code /account number today.
My bank (RBOS) would not accept it. They told me that I needed a pay in slip. They also said that any of the other local banks would be the same. :nenau
Is the account in a Lloyds. I think the nearest one to me is in Glasgow.
Any other way that I can do this ?
Gordon

They told me the same last week, so I fell out with customer services, after flouncing out of the branch of course.
It's a Barclays account so I'm going to Barclays in Aberdeen
I think you could pay in yours at the Woolwich, same mob.

The Woolwich
19a Union Street
Inverness
Scotland
IV1 1QA
0845 071 8060

I'm really surprised they wouldnt allow you to pay in ... I need to get some advice on this one. I'll come back to you both.

Karen :)

You can pay the money in, it just seems the tellers are stupid and unhelpful.
Customer svs told me one option is a Bax transfer which arrives in the other account the same day but costs £20, or there is another method but it takes 2/3 days to transfer.

Gordon, have a word with the branch before you go in, then you can tell the teller to go do one :thumb

PhilM said:
You can pay the money in, it just seems the tellers are stupid and unhelpful.
Customer svs told me one option is a Bax transfer which arrives in the other account the same day but costs £20, or there is another method but it takes 2/3 days to transfer.

Gordon, have a word with the branch before you go in, then you can tell the teller to go do one :thumb

Phil thank you ...

I was getting a bit concerned then. Please don't transfer the monies same-day, its not worth the £20 fee :eek: shocking!

Money for nothing ... thats really suprised me. You'd think they would waver the cost as its a charity account wouldnt you.

Duchess said:
Phil thank you ...

I was getting a bit concerned then. Please don't transfer the monies same-day, its not worth the £20 fee :eek: shocking!

Money for nothing ... thats really suprised me. You'd think they would waver the cost as its a charity account wouldnt you.

Hi Guys,

Duchess gave me the 'nod' on this dilemna.

You should be able to pay the money at any bank branch and into the Barclays community account. If you have problems and the cheque(s) can made payble to Breast Cancer Care, I or Karen can email you a paying in form which can be sent to the charity (named conatct) and with our 'magic' number so its assigned to UKGSer. If you do this, still send a sponsor form copy to BHT but tell me the figures as I am class monitor !. :D

PhilM said:
Money paid in this morning, my wife tells me Barclays in Aberdeen couldn't have been more helpful. :thumb
Pity my bank (RBS) hadn't been the same

Thank you Phil :)

its getting thru to us..

.. just a few lines and update...

Phil, Forre, Enabb, GC after some had a recent prob, its getting thru and checked on Friday. GC thanks for pm and I shall look out for this.

Burf, glad to see your around us again . I am trying to keep a tabs on the numbers ahead of the Tues 31st deadline, so would appreciate a quick pm (empty yer box as well :D ) with the sum, so I can assign in to the overall UKGSer pot.

keeping tabs...

I am still number crunching ...

... and its a quick thanks from me today to; Lucy & Paul (BHT), Burf (Jim), Pumpy (Ela), GC (Gordon), Enabb & Ally (Enabb is getting a 'new' calculator for Xmas :D)

The scene is now set for Tuesday 31st October :thumb

I Will be paying in my money today, unfortunatley my mum who collected a good sum of money for us from various places/people has no longer got the sponser form's, the rest I have & will post off today, I hope this does'nt cause a problem.

:)

Cookson said:
I Will be paying in my money today, unfortunatley my mum who collected a good sum of money for us from various places/people has no longer got the sponser form's, the rest I have & will post off today, I hope this does'nt cause a problem :)

Tony, pm appreciated and big thanks to your mum as well - she is a star. I shall keep record of this and add to the final crunching. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom