In ear headphones

Eastriding2002

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get a half decent level of sound with my combination of Autocom and Arai Quantum F helmet. The noise gets that bad at anything above 40mph that you can not make out the music from the MP3 player.

Has anyone any experience of "in ear" headphones as a replacement for ear plugs and the Autocom in helmet earphones. I'll then need the adapter lead for the Autocom as well of course.

Andy T

NeilF said:
Hi Andy

Do a search on "ultimate ear" on this forum - that should give you plenty of information to go on!

Cheers,

Neil.

The ultimate ear kit looks like Shure E2C's with custom moulded silicone. E2C's you can find for around the £40 mark on Fleabay, I've used them with the foam tips and they were fantastic :thumb

also do a search for Green Leopard on the forum. One of the members (Schiannini) is a supplier - recieved excellent service from him when I bought a set.

They are moulded for your ear, take a while to get used to but work really well.

Dale

And make sure you have the "loud" plug plugged in the autocom. They don't always come in the box, mihgt have to ask for it. Boosts the volume right up.

Jon said:
And make sure you have the "loud" plug plugged in the autocom. They don't always come in the box, mihgt have to ask for it. Boosts the volume right up.

Isnt that for rider to pillion only though?

Eastriding2002 said:
I'm struggling to get a half decent level of sound with my combination of Autocom and Arai Quantum F helmet. The noise gets that bad at anything above 40mph that you can not make out the music from the MP3 player.

Has anyone any experience of "in ear" headphones as a replacement for ear plugs and the Autocom in helmet earphones. I'll then need the adapter lead for the Autocom as well of course.

Andy T
Had same problem, too much volume needed to overcome windnoise and have reasonable quality music...solution....ultimate ears "monitors" i.e. ear plugs with speakers...fiddly wires which now used too BUT great windnoise/outside noise reduction, hear the music without being deafened by it. at first they did poduce a somewhat remote feel to outside world which took a week or so to get used too. ask for them to be fitted with " extra piece" which saves pulling them by wires (definately do not do this) to remove! they are a good fit! :)

I quite like my Sony MDR-EX71's. Not too efficient as to prevent me hearing sirens etc. but quietening to wind noise,comfortable & sound great.....
Sure the other ones listed prior may be better, but so far, happy with these.....

I can thoroughly recommend the Etymotic ER6i in ear headphones. Not very cheap at about £65 but the sound quality is excellent and so is the noise reduction. :thumb

judge said:

au contraire..................you try it with and without. I found a massive difference in volume with the normal speakers. Talking about a Pro7sport unless they've changed it on the newer models now. Unless, of course, it only affects transmission received via the radio, as opposed to an mp3 player plugged straight in?

Or try a boosteroo

Jon said:
au contraire..................you try it with and without. I found a massive difference in volume with the normal speakers. Talking about a Pro7sport unless they've changed it on the newer models now. Unless, of course, it only affects transmission received via the radio, as opposed to an mp3 player plugged straight in?

Or try a boosteroo

I was told by their teccy bloke at Autocom Towers in Warks that the plug in boost affects only devices connected throught the 7 pin-din sooooo that could be Intercom/PMR/Sat Nav if connected through the din system, supposed to have no effect on devices connected through the 3.5mm plug sockets.

But if you have experienced different :nenau

I've never had the need due to in-ear monitors ;)

dx408 said:
According the the link the speakers should be on the lower part of the ear with the eclips pointing front to back not above your ear as in your reply
You are correct that the attached Autocom guide explains exactly what I meant by "above the ear"

UPDATE:

Well folks, as yet I'm still with the Autocom, I've moved the earphones around and now have ULTRA LOUD when without earplugs in, and audible up to about 65-70 with ear plugs. I need now to sort out the buffeting hopefully via the MRA Vario screen and then I should be sorted.

I've just sent my ProM1 back to Autocom to get the phone volume boosted. They have told me I can upgrade the inards and achieve a 300% increase in intercom volume. Cost is £80ish.

I've also used Ultimate ear plugs with built in speaker and they haven't been that comfy.

If i go for the upgrade I'll have the 5 pin and phono adaptor for sale (the one to connect the im helmet speakers and ear plug speakers).

Simon

Back
Top Bottom