Rhayder Dams - Revenge of the Dirty Dog!

JimboGSA

Reaction score
Need i say more? but when and who aint turning up this time!? :thumb

and if the last one was anything to go by we should be able to walk those riverbeds... though I doubt it somehow! :eek:

RobbieC and the Dog we gonna brave it? see how much more lost in the firetrails we can get? If I've got me 450 CRF road legal by then thats goin too! :D :D

Yep, I'm in!

How about Sunday the 29th October?

Robbie, get ya water proof pants on we're goin ridin...

Gaz, tell 'wife' you're off on another dirty trip with the dam bustin 'Dirty Dogs' :bounce1

All you other Tossers are welcome (the dog pushes back on his chair and chuckles :yelrotflm )

The Fab Four ride again :moped:

Sunday the 29th of October!

yep sunday the 29th of Oct is good for me! :thumb now will the abrasion risk the ribena bike getting all muddy this is the question... :ymca

Yeah let's go for it, much better than that poncing about on the Plain ;)

:thumb

yes

Ive got some maps with old trial routes on.(must look at them) if not i know of another bit of off road that you join after you come off the fire trail by the phone box. i will be taking a map and a compass this time :D :D :D

I may take my xl600, its a bit of an old dog but goes well, see what 45hp and 2/3 of the weight is like oh and some off road tyres :thumb

robbie c said:
I may take my xl600, its a bit of an old dog but goes well, see what 45hp and 2/3 of the weight is like oh and some off road tyres :thumb

nice one robbie!! i'm gonna try my hardest to get the 450 road legal by then, probs haul it in the van to DD's place then ride it from there. 95kg's and 52 BHP should be a bit different off-road to the GS :eek:

jayceer said:
nice one robbie!! i'm gonna try my hardest to get the 450 road legal by then, probs haul it in the van to DD's place then ride it from there. 95kg's and 52 BHP should be a bit different off-road to the GS :eek:

To be honest Jim, you're not going to want to ride that beastie CRF to the dams even from my house for the following reasons:

1. fuel will be a big problem, 50-60 on a tank?

2. extremely difficult to ride on the road, tyres lacking grip, very tiring, no protection.

3. it won't do the engine any good holding it at higher speeds for prolonged periods.

4. if the roads are wet and you're on enduro tyres, you're not gonna feel very happy, trust me!!!!!

Just stick it in the van and ride from the dams, I'll carry a spare gallon of fuel for you on the GS.

Elan Vally is 65 mile from my house, I would never have dreamt riding up there and back on the WR :eek:

But, if you do wanna leave the van here and ride over, you'll have a support crew following you over :D

sounds fair enough to me!

dirtydog said:
To be honest Jim, you're not going to want to ride that beastie CRF to the dams even from my house for the following reasons:

1. fuel will be a big problem, 50-60 on a tank?

2. extremely difficult to ride on the road, tyres lacking grip, very tiring, no protection.

3. it won't do the engine any good holding it at higher speeds for prolonged periods.

4. if the roads are wet and you're on enduro tyres, you're not gonna feel very happy, trust me!!!!!

Just stick it in the van and ride from the dams, I'll carry a spare gallon of fuel for you on the GS.

Elan Vally is 65 mile from my house, I would never have dreamt riding up there and back on the WR :eek:

But, if you do wanna leave the van here and ride over, you'll have a support crew following you over :D

I'll take the van to the dam! :thumb presume we can swing back round that way to load it on! or just come back up the track? :thumb

Past the gate

The way you guys are riding that smooth slab around Claerwen it will soon get blocked :D . It has no right of way past the gate !!
Go easy on it or there will be land mines all over the place.
Anyway, I can't come this time either :( , its my dad's 90th !! :clap
However, i will have fun on the cambrian the weekend before why don't some of you dudes enter that............. 100 miles on Saturday and then 120 miles on Sunday 90% off road.......not forgetting the Hafren rally in december either :D :D :beer: :beer:

dirtydog said:
The dog has now fallen of his chair :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

How the hell do you fall off your chair when your "plug" is screwed to it :D ;) :ymca

jay

I can ask my mate who owns a farm in newbridge if we can use it as a meeting place, its only a short trip to rhayder (?) from there and we could probably get a cup of tea to :D

if fred is correct about the right of way (and ive no reason to doubt him)then we need to look at alternatives for the future

fred in responce to the rally question, i dont yet have the gear required or the ability to ride the adv that well,however i want to get my xl600 some where near usable for the events ,but i still lack ability and so these little jaunts are my practice sessions

any tips would be greatly received

cheers

Rob

good plan!

robbie c said:
I can ask my mate who owns a farm in newbridge if we can use it as a meeting place, its only a short trip to rhayder (?) from there and we could probably get a cup of tea to :D

That sounds like a plan Rob, probably better leaving my van there too! :thumb

I'm hoping to be well up for it, but will have to consult senior management first :D :D :D

thetoad said:
I'm hoping to be well up for it, but will have to consult senior management first :D :D :D

nice one toad! look forward to seeing you there, and hey there are some ford crossings to keep you occupied too! :thumb

Mutley1150 said:
I'll be needing to scrub in my new TKC80's before Morocco :cool:

Where'd you get your TKCs from?

Looks like I'm gonna have to get a set to avoid mud-surfing this time :eek:

looking at the map

just looked at the os map
can't see any marked differance between the route up to the bridge and after ,by the dam ??
however, I cant see any right of way through the forest at all :eek: :eek:

I've PMd someone on the site who knows what you can & can't do so hopefully he will help( name withheld in case he doesn't )

if you have any ideas Fred hollar up :thumb :thumb

cheers

Rob

Back
Top Bottom