Rhayder Dams - Revenge of the Dirty Dog!

Man and machine in perfect harmony :ymca

Attachments

• s3c.jpg
    s3c.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 95
There was some deep water on the splashes but it didn't stop the real bikes :D

Attachments

• s4c.jpg
    s4c.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 94
mind you this honda didn't like being dropped...Took us nearly an hour to get it going :bow

Attachments

• s5c.jpg
    s5c.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 93
Even the pros were getting worried :rolleyes:

Attachments

• s6c.jpg
    s6c.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 97
Is that steam or smoke...Later on this quality yam developed a small misfire !

Attachments

• s7c.jpg
    s7c.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 94
You will have to declare this at the English border :D
All in all a great day was had by all..Thaks for letting me come along :thumb

Attachments

• s8c.jpg
    s8c.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for declaring my incompetence

Thanks Gary :thumb

Brilliant day all told. I did things I didn't believe possible on a bike, let alone a GS :yikes

Now I've just got the cleaning up bit to go :(

Looking forward to the next time, although maybe a little less technical ride might be in order ;) Confidence for the big trip is now much higher :thumb

I've posted my pics here: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87446

jayceer said:
How surreal was it coming round that corner, the bike knee deep in water to see an inflatable tank and 2 serb looking soldiers at a checkpoint!!

I don't know what part of Serbia you've been to but they don't look like any Serbs I've ever seen :D

Mutley1150 said:
I don't know what part of Serbia you've been to but they don't look like any Serbs I've ever seen :D

I must admit I was a little concerned when I came around that corner and saw those 2 lads stood there :eek:

That was a bloody fun day, thoroughly enjoyed it and the company couldn't have been better.

Gaz, I have to say that your bike has kept me smiling since I've been home :D . Everytime it back-fired I pissed myself. Your face said it all! I think you handled that little mishap extremely well indeed, I would have kicked the feckin thing down the hill!!! :clap

dirtydog said:
Gaz, I have to say that your bike has kept me smiling since I've been home :D . Everytime it back-fired I pissed myself. Your face said it all! I think you handled that little mishap extremely well indeed, I would have kicked the feckin thing down the hill!!! :clap

Was it loud? Can't say I noticed ;)

Thank feck it didn't do it while we passed those squaddies wiv guns :eek

Gaz said:
Was it loud? Can't say I noticed ;)

Thank feck it didn't do it while we passed those squaddies wiv guns :eek

Trust me it was loud, it really was like a gun shot at times. Lucky we never got took as POWs :D

I definately need another one of these for that type of riding :clap

IMGP0188.jpg
[/IMG]

less technical....................

Come on Howard any less technical and you would have been on smooth tarmac :eek: :eek: I see the wheels are back in..............................good news :thumb
Mutley1150 said:
Thanks Gary :thumb

Looking forward to the next time, although maybe a little less technical ride might be in order ;) Confidence for the big trip is now much higher :thumb

nonono

matkat ,it wasn't the same route ,it was through the streams in the bottom of the strata florida, the pictures don't show the rough stuff.
when I submerged the honda in a pothole the water was half way up my thighs
far more difficult than anything I've done to date,the adv's were struggling,and this isn't some look at me thing,I was struggling on the honda with the rocks and steps,it was bloody difficult :eek: :eek: :eek:

great fun though ,but I have a few aches today :rob :rob

cheers

Rob

And here's the tracklog to prove it: (you can see all the fords we crossed :eek: )

Attachments

• Rhayader Dams II.gdb
    28.5 KB · Views: 33
Good old Strata Florida, never fails to impress does it :D

I have also been a "victim" there in the past, drowned my RMX after hitting a rock mid stream many years ago :spitfire

The only thing that we could see of the bike was the one handguard and handlebar grip poking up above the water level. :eek:

Thank heavens I stalled it before it went right under :eek: But being a good old two smoke, 3/4hr later we were back up and running again :D

Back
Top Bottom