Clean helmet visor

triumph

While driving my old funduo, I often got a dirty helmet visor from rain, mud aso.
I then made a visorcleaner to be mounted on my bike. It works well and have just prodused some few to se if this might be interesting for people not just driving in sun and in places where there are no insects.
I have made an internet side: www.visorclean.com
On the last page there are a text in english.
I have for some days ago mounted it on my new 1200 gs, and it fits ok into the bike.
It just take 5 sec. to clean a dirty visor while still driving the bike.
Just take a look at:www.visorclean.com

...just checkedout for website,as I've been making my own mobile cleaners.

Can you please post some clearer pictures explaining how this is fixed onto the bike.

Mmmmm........quite interesting, as I struggle with cleaning cloths tucked in behind the screen or handguard.

I guess it can be attached with velcro or double-sided stickies :thumb

Might have to give the site a coat of looking at :mmmm

Al :D

Mutley1150 said:
Windolene wipes :idea :thumb

How easy are they to use at motorway speeds, though? :confused:

I want something that will clean the visor as often as the bugs splat into it. :eek:

triumph said:
While driving my old funduo, I often got a dirty helmet visor from rain, mud aso.
I then made a visorcleaner to be mounted on my bike. It works well and have just prodused some few to se if this might be interesting for people not just driving in sun and in places where there are no insects.
I have made an internet side: www.visorclean.com
On the last page there are a text in english.
I have for some days ago mounted it on my new 1200 gs, and it fits ok into the bike.
It just take 5 sec. to clean a dirty visor while still driving the bike.
Just take a look at:www.visorclean.com

Maybe it's just me, but I clicked on everything that was remotely "clickable" and couldn't find anything in English. Also photo's seem too small to be able to make out how it works ....... :nenau

Whats wrong with an old tennis ball cable tied to the bars with the top cut out and small piece of shammy inside it, can take it out on the move and replace it easy enough :thumb

Peter Pan said:
Maybe it's just me, but I clicked on everything that was remotely "clickable" and couldn't find anything in English....

http://www.visorclean.com/english.pdf

... but I have to ask why?

I have never found the need to clean my visor while riding. If this really is a problem, why not use tear-off visors?

Could it be a traffic violation - not being in control of your vehicle ?

Always used furniture polish in an aerosol can, with a soft cloth..... :nenau

Makes my helmet smell spring fresh & shiny too..... ;)

nick said:
http://www.visorclean.com/english.pdf

... but I have to ask why?

I have never found the need to clean my visor while riding. If this really is a problem, why not use tear-off visors?

Could it be a traffic violation - not being in control of your vehicle ?

I for one, can't stand looking through a dirty visor :confused:

I think it is a traffic violation to use tear-offs on the road in UK, though :eek:

i remember reading about a bloke who had rigger a car winscreen washer system on his handle bars and squirted his visor then just wiped with his glooves, only draw back would be soapy water in the face if you had your visor up :eek:

STUBBS said:
i remember reading about a bloke who had rigger a car winscreen washer system on his handle bars and squirted his visor then just wiped with his glooves, only draw back would be soapy water in the face if you had your visor up :eek:

*giggling at the image* of a pillion p1ssing me off....

*duck* and squirt them if they talk too much! :D

i want one....even if its no use for cleaning my visor :thumb

slightly off topic;
i remember a discussion about bad weather on another forum and one bloke foolishly saying how he'd "just spent ten minutes in the toilet - polishing his helmet" after a dirty weather commute.
suffice to say he never lived it down. :D
~~
Og.

It`s on the last page. Click on : Kontakt oss. (Left side on page)
Then-
English version here in pdf format
This file may take a few minutes to download depending on your internet connection speed.

Another option

is a Wee Willy
(if you're smiling...you know who you are!!) :D

Linky linky

....I guess a dirty visor, not an issue whilst your lid is sitting in the house or garage.

But for the rest, looking through a salt/dirt laden visor is not an option, if want to stay two wheels up....

...I've still to find a product the keeps my visor clear of water under 30/40 mph.

....I guess a dirty visor, not an issue whilst your lid is sitting in the house or garage.

But for the rest, looking through a salt/dirt laden visor is not an option, if want to stay two wheels up....

...I've still to find a product the keeps my visor clear of water under 30/40 mph.

Autoglym Extra Gloss polish is the best product for water dispersal from visors :rob

Back
Top Bottom