Garmin very disapointing.

(RIP) john plane

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had my garmin a week now still can not down load any maps. Tried to do it my selve wrong. E mailled ianf who told me the correct way(thanks). Tried again still no good i had put to many maps in.Tried again with south england 50mb the computer is telling me i have no card in the gps. the gps is saying map storage error bad format . Anyway i gave up and called a mate around he couldnt down load it either.He reformatted the card downloaded to a card reader.Still didnt work rang up garmin who said it might be the card or the reader in the unit.Went gpsw which is near to my workplace exchanged the card. still no good .They are changing the gps monday .This is all before i learn how to use the thing it might be up for sale soon :spitfire

I know exactly how you feel. :(

Steptoe said:
Thousands of people don't have any problems :nenau

Steptoe, how does "thousands of people dont have any problems" stop someone being dissapointed?

hundreds of thousands of people own Nokia mobile phones, but the odd one that faults, i bet the owner is DISSAPOINTED.

Ill do the thing for you :nenau
and again :nenau
one more for luck :nenau

:banghead:

:tosser

:D

Yep, you can be disappointed; just as I was with a certain pair of ‘famous make’ boots :rolleyes: And I’m well aware Garmin have some issues with the GPS’s from time to time (same with the PC mapping), but it’s still the best on the market IMHO :thumb

What GPS unit have you got?

What 'card' are you referring to?

What brand/size is the card?

Greg

ebbo said:
Yep, you can be disappointed; just as I was with a certain pair of ‘famous make’ boots :rolleyes: And I’m well aware Garmin have some issues with the GPS’s from time to time (same with the PC mapping), but it’s still the best on the market IMHO :thumb

I agree :thumb thats why ive got three Garmin GPS units and not Tom Tom or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom