Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's no backing out now

Compulsive tinkerer........! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hope it pours down with rain the whole time.....
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Sorry, but if it hasn't got wheels, or a pair of tits or if its not covered in chocolate, then quite frankly, I'm not really that interested.....

I'm a fiddler, I like to turn screws just because they are there.

Only kiddin' have a good 'un Mutters.

And for feck sake lets hope that you don't get a rear wheel puncture, or you have to refit the tank cover, or you have to remove the MiGSel oil cooler guard............
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Sorry, but if it hasn't got wheels, or a pair of tits or if its not covered in chocolate, then quite frankly, I'm not really that interested.....

Have a belter of a time Mutters

Fetch back loads o' pics and tales of derring do

Quote Originally Posted by BTBR
    And for feck sake lets hope that you don't get a rear wheel puncture, or you have to refit the tank cover, or you have to remove the MiGSel oil cooler guard............
    Keep your phone on, I might need help

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    My flights 8am

Bill and Ian are through customs.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Have a great time Steptoe.
    And do look after Mutters, and tuck him in at night with his Cocoa

He's an Innocent abroad after all

Talking So long and thanks for all the fish

Thanks for all the good wishes. see y'all in a week or so

I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley1150
    Thanks for all the good wishes. see y'all in a week or so

I hope
    FFS I hate long good byes, just feck off will ya

Quote Originally Posted by BTBR
    FFS I hate long good byes, just feck off will ya
    Awwww, let him have his moment. He's got a week living with Fanum, Mr Ifan, Steptoe and Timolgra.... He may not be the same man when he comes back

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by richie

One of those bikes is on the centre stand and the other on the side stand.

Wheres that old long in the tooth thread about that????

Just as a matter of interest, we've got the lashing down thing well sorted now....

We spent literally days working out how to lash bikes down for a potentially frisky Bay-Of-Biscay crossing and a couple of thousand miles trip on land- we really didn't want to ratchet anything down on the suspension because a customer finding a blown fork seal on arrival in Marrakesh would have been a bad thing to put it mildly, but to get the bikes secure enough, you can't go off either the centre or side stands.

We used a combination of fork bracing (blocks with cross bracing inserted under the fork stanchions and onto the tyres) and 8 inch square section fence posting with foot long pieces of inch thick pine plank to bridge the frames/sump guards....we set these up indvidually for each bike allowing aboutan inch and a half of suspension travel before tey puled solidly down on the blocks.....then a pairof ratchet traps front and a pair rear lock the bike solid to the deck of the trailer.

Not one bike moved an inch on ether the way out or the rough return journey- we did incorporate some high tech padding solutions (AKA the sofa cushions from Dani's old three piece suite ) in strategic places to make sure there couldn't be any rubbing of bikes whatsoever, but it all worked very well and we didn't even disturb the Moroccan red mud on Mutter's ADV on the way home
    सत्यमेव जयते

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum
    and we didn't even disturb the Moroccan red mud on Mutter's ADV on the way home
    He likes to think of it as Sahara sand, but we know better
    KEA

Quote Originally Posted by timolgra
    He likes to think of it as Sahara sand, but we know better

Excuse me, but what the feck is that in the background then? Scotch Mist?

Judging by the colour of ya face there Mutters, I would lay of the Ribena for a while mate........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

[QUOTE=Mutley1150]Excuse me, but what the feck is that in the background then? Scotch Mist?
    QUOTE]

More importantly, what's that under your tyres then? Black treacle?
    KEA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123