Borders Run

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
forry said:
That's the way i'm going to take you :D
Least you'll know the corners :thumb

Not much point in coming down that way then. :)

Ronno,

If we are going via Dalkeith we could meet at BMW Motorrad (East). At least we can press noses to the glass while waiting !

What time do you want to meet ?

Voyager.

Newbee just registered yesterday following up Ronno's recommendation to check out the action on the Scottish pages. Any space left for Saturday? Coming from the West (Glasgow) I guess that I could hook up south of Edinburgh for the blast down to Berwick, infinity and beyond....

dunard

dunard said:
Newbee just registered yesterday following up Ronno's recommendation to check out the action on the Scottish pages. Any space left for Saturday? Coming from the West (Glasgow) I guess that I could hook up south of Edinburgh for the blast down to Berwick, infinity and beyond....

dunard

dunard, the more the merrier. Keep an eye on this thread for times/meeting place etc. :thumb

Dunard,

Welcome - I just joined this week as well.

I'll be heading down to Berwick on Saturday and I'll stop off at BMW Motorrad Central (East) at around 09:15 to see if anyone is there.

Probably a bit out of your way - but if you're like me, you'll be looking for an excuse to extend the ride anyway.

Look out for a black/yellow R100GS paralever.

Failing that, see you at McDonalds in Berwick-Upon-Tweed (not the other one) for 11:00.

Voyager.

Voyager said:
I'll be heading down to Berwick on Saturday and I'll stop off at BMW Motorrad Central (East) at around 09:15 to see if anyone is there.

I'll still be scratching my balls and eating my Coco Pops at 09.15. That's a tad early for me I'm afraid. :D

I intend to leave the house at 09.00 and head down the A1 for quickness. According to Garmin, that's 95 miles and 1 hour 40 or thereabouts. I might come home a more scenic route but I don't see the point of leaving home at 08.00 for an 11 a.m. meet.

I'll see you down there, Voyager :thumb

Hi Blair, Are you OK for Saturday?
If you are, do you want to meet up for the treck south? You could swing round by my house if you're coming over via Cupar or I could meet you at the Freuchie petrol station if you prefer the main Dundee/Kirkcaldy road.
Let me know, mate
Ronnie
Hi. Should be OK for saturday, I'll let you know for definite by the end of the week. Could maybe all meet at the Forth bridge. Who is going? Is this list right?
ronno
forry
voyager
kai
arcboutant
yogi bear
dunard
rev chuck
bgfinlay

Cheers, Blair

If you lads from the North (!) let me know which route you are taking to Berwick, I could hook up.

However, if it is the A1 then 'no thanks'. I'll be heading due east from Stow / Lauder.

Kai

again ,maybe a second attendee from the East Neuk, will know by Friday night.
Said gent requires to know if it will be mostly tarmac? So he can select which model to take if he is allowed.

Ronno here's a little detour for you on the way down nice little run :thumb
Think farmer palmer might be joining us too :eek: He'll have the zegas on the bike just trying to look THE PART :D

Attachments

• berwick run.gdb
    10 KB · Views: 52
arcboutant said:
again ,maybe a second attendee from the East Neuk, will know by Friday night.
Said gent requires to know if it will be mostly tarmac? So he can select which model to take if he is allowed.
It'll be all tarmac some of the roads are poor quality bit of grass and gravel.
Don't worry i'll not be flying along most of the roads are narrow and twisty i've got knobblies on so i can't hammer it :(
Whats everyone wanting to do for dinner ?
Dunbars probably a good stop :thumb

Forry,

Dunbar sounds OK for a food stop.

Weather forecast is improving as well.

See you on Sat.

tarmac is fine Forry ta, not so keen on smooooth grass. Fine by me tho, shame we will be restricted on the twisty's tho' :rolleyes: Must do my tyre the morn :eek:

arcboutant said:
tarmac is fine Forry ta, not so keen on smooooth grass. Fine by me tho, shame we will be restricted on the twisty's tho' :rolleyes: Must do my tyre the morn :eek:
It's just bits of grass growing threw :D

forry said:
Ronno here's a little detour for you on the way down nice little run :thumb
Think farmer palmer might be joining us too :eek: He'll have the zegas on the bike just trying to look THE PART :D

I'll probably take the detour. Cheers :beerjug:

Borders Run!

Yep, I'm hoping to be there aswell, boxes are always on my bike as they are just too handy for shopping etc! :thumb and it doesn't fall over as far!! :(

If anyone is brave enough to try the 'hill of doom'.........remember even Forry didn't make it to the top, pushing the envelope a bit even for a 'badass special' :eek:

Some nice roads in the Lammermuirs and very little traffic, watch out for the exploding coo poo!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom