Animal

That's my bit over then.

5 GS-ers:
Myself
Dave Boulder
Retroman
Dennis
Andy Taylor

The aim was to do Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis in 3 days, riding between the peaks.

Unfortutely, I was unable to do Nevis, so I substituted it for Whernside (biggest in Yorkshire) and went for a 2-dayer instead of 3.

I got home at 00.30 this morning...
780 miles and 9000Ft of climbing in 36 hours, so I'm chuffed.

The other 4 are tackling the Ben today :eek:

Piccies to follow (when I've got 'em hosted), but suffice it to say that:
Dave B is too fit
Andy T isn't anywhere near fit enough
and there's no way Dennis is as old as he claims to be

PS
We went to Wales, it rained

Just got back at miday today, managed to do them all in reasonable time (for an unfit B'stard)!
Thoroughly enjoyed myself, and great company!:beerjug:

Did it!
Well within the 24 hrs for the actiwve bits as well.
The Ben was a b@#@#@d. Got up to 34 degrees on a sheltered in the sun bit on the way down.
Respect to Dennis for his manly prowess...at his age too. Respect to Andy for plodding on, might have been the view a few feet in front of him for 3 hours that did it.
Retroman must be a bit of a fibber. Cannot believe he's a .......
Well done Animal, hill walkings a lot harder on yer own.
Hope today went as well as could be expected..
We had a whiskey or two raised to you and the mrs etc.
Catch up with you all soon no doubt.
FOTO's to follow
Sponsor collecting now, the hard bit.
A piece of cake on this site tho' less than 10 sponsors means its going to be easy....speaks too soon.
Top weekend

Bol##x Wiped the 1st half piccies from Snowdon but here's 4 of the 5 up Scafell followed by 4 up Ben Nevis.
All copied onto disc so will post to each in the morning.

Ballast

dave.boulder said:
Bol##x Wiped the 1st half piccies from Snowdon but here's 4 of the 5 up Scafell followed by 4 up Ben Nevis.
All copied onto disc so will post to each in the morning.

Who made Dennis carry that Ballast round his waist? :beerjug: :D :confused: :beer:

dave.boulder said:
Finely honed athlete about to race up a bit of a hill

Hey my wanger looks quite big in that foto ... only smaller;)

what a great weekend ... Snowdon in torrential rain:(

Wonderful weather on Sca Fell and the Ben ... we were surrounded by seasoned climbers who've been going up both for years and never seen it so clear... I've OD'd on the fantastic views

My trip meter reads 1255 miles for the weekend ... top roads (except M6), unforgettable memories and excellent company ... thanks to all who took part, esp Dave and Sean for the planning etc

And those big torquey GSes kept us all smiling

Heres to you fellas .. thanks again

:beerjug:

PS no fekkin Ecclesfechan Tart tho was there? Apart from her with the big tits and the zit problem
:D :D

Just got into the office, guess I had to be the last to post. Great weekend. Still can't quite beleive we packed so much in, in such a short space of time.

The feeling of acheivement will take some beating. Just go to show, us old buggers can still cut the mustard (not so sure about the table dancer tho')

Try and post some picks later.

email or pm addresses for copies of pics on CD

And once again thanks to all the guys for some great company but especially to Shaun and Dave for the organisation, just got to collect those promised sponsorships now.

4 on the Ben

The four of us on Ben Nevis taken by a young lady who plied us with champagne and then lured us down a treacherous "short cut" !!!!!!!!:beer:

Attachments

• 4 on ben.jpg
    4 on ben.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 141
QUOTE OF THE EVENT

... the bikes are parked up outside the Claccraig Inn at Glencoe, some bloke is looking them over, paying special interest to the sheepskin seat covers ...

To his mate ... "MUST BE SOME SORT OF SHEEP-SHAGGERS BIKE CLUB"

:D :D :D

Piccies to follow ... PM me your addresses also for copy CDs, guys
:beerjug:

Well done everybody, hope you all had a good trip home!
If I start training now, I may just be able to keep up with you lot next time!:eek:

The sun was shining on Rannoch Moor ...

Unbelievable and yet true ...

Attachments

• 015_12.jpg
    015_12.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 101
Bikes and big country ... coooool

Andy, Dennis and Dave Boulder take it all in on Rannoch Moor ...(lucky you can't see the midges)

B*ll*x here's the foto ...

... worth the wait

Attachments

• 016_13.jpg
    016_13.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 111
we're all smiling now

... its that "we've just done the Ben" feeling ....

Check out the Dennis's new GINGA seat cover tho ...:gosh

Attachments

• 022_19.jpg
    022_19.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 53
But I only got the Ginga 'cause they didn'y have a purple one..........Honest mista:D :D :D

LOL LOL LOL

dave.boulder said:
Alright, who nicked the portaloo's

Why didn't guys boys with Camelbacks just pour it straight away and cut out the middleman??

Top photo Dave

:beerjug: :D

Back
Top Bottom