Caribou (Pelican-Based) Luggage Systems

i wouldn't have ally panniers now, not ever. These pelican cases are damn near indestructible, and if you do manage to break one pelican will replace it for free.

Try that after you've bent an ally pannier :D

Mine are still going strong roger, after a couple of years and 20 odd thousand miles :thumb

... I beleive I did sponser the site back when I did the original post here, and will look into it again.
If you were to become a Sponsor again, it would allow you to receive and send Private Messages aka PMs.

Probably the best £12 you'll ever spend. :thumb

it's here for Vendors of Innovations to show what they've got and people to ask questions about the products...they can't use the section to spam ads for their product ( it's a fine line but it's the mods call of what they think is spamming)

With the info he's given i think quite a few tosser's have recieved plenty of FREE ideas and plans on DIY ADV Luggage ........... :augie

Swings and :liv

PS ... He does have a link to his site though .............................................................

From what i understand from roger, yes. they will.

Yes, all the cases we sell include the original manufacturer's lifetime guarantee. After selling thousands of sets of luggage over the years, we have never had to excersise the guarantee. It is extremely difficult to break a case.

-rog

Yes, all the cases we sell include the original manufacturer's lifetime guarantee. After selling thousands of sets of luggage over the years, we have never had to excersise the guarantee. It is extremely difficult to break a case.

-rog

your breakage record sounds good but you've sort of avoided the question... will you or the original manufacturer cover the cases with a lifetime guarantee if mounting holes are drilled in them?

I thought it was pretty clear cut tuned :nenau anyway, i remembered seeing a press release from pelican about it :D

Here's a new press release from Pelican themselves, you guys already know this but it is nice to see something official....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pelican Protector™ Case Used By
Caribou Luggage As Extreme Side Cases

TORRANCE, CA – May 31, 2007 - Pelican™ Products’ high-impact, watertight Protector™ Cases have been chosen as a key component of Adventure Motorcycle Equipment’s extreme Caribou Luggage solution for several prominent Adventure Touring motorcycle models.

“Using our case as motorcycle side-luggage goes to show just how versatile Pelican Protector™ Cases really are. Our tough-as-nails Protector Cases combined with Adventure’s innovative custom bike-luggage designs is a win-win situation for tourers everywhere,” said Matt Miller, Director of Sales for Pelican.

“After breaking my stock storage cases, I needed a tougher solution for side luggage on my bike. Since Pelican Cases are the first name in equipment protection, their toughness offered the most durable case on the market,” said Roger Pioszak, President of Adventure Motorcycle Equipment. “I’m confident that their legendary toughness will take any punishment today’s motorcycle tourers can dish out.”

With MSRP starting at $730, the Adventure Motorcycle Caribou Luggage system features a custom ¾” Square 16 GA tube steel rack designed to work with motorcycle models that include BMW R1200GS, 1150GS, 1100GS, and F650GS, the Kawasaki® KLR 650, the Buell® Ulysses and the Suzuki® V-Strom™ 650 and V-Strom 1000. Secured and mounted to the frame with NEMA 4 waterproof key locks, the custom side brackets turn the two Pelican 1550 Protector Cases into detachable suitcases, which offer a combined usable storage space of more than 3,000 cubic inches. A third case can also be added as rear top case to give the system even more capacity. Additionally, inner storage bags and tool kit cases are available for all systems to offer superior organization.

Pelican Protector™ Cases boast a fully-stackable, trademarked “Dual Band” design and a cell-core construction that protects sensitive equipment from some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Additional standard features include a lid equipped with a polymer o-ring for a dustproof/waterproof seal and an automatic Gore-TEX® pressure equalization valve that will stop moisture from entering the case and prevent vacuum lock so it’s easier to open the case at any altitude. To ensure easy and immediate access, most cases in the linefeature double-throw latches that have been tested to a failure threshold of nearly 400 pounds, but open with a light pull.

As with all Pelican products, their cases arebacked by a Legendary Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence: “You break it, we replace it…forever.”™

About Pelican
Pelican is a leading manufacturer of OEM and equipment protection solutions. Their high-impact, watertight Protector™ Case line is among the toughest, lightest and most dependable on the market and backed by a legendary Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence - “you break it, we replace It…forever.”™ For more information regarding Pelican Products, contact them at 23215 Early Avenue., Torrance, CA 90505. Phone: (310) 326-4700 or (800) 473-5422 (Outside CA), Fax: (310) 326-3311, www.pelican.com, commercialsales@pelican.com.

About Adventure Motorcycle Equipment
Adventure Motorcycle Equipment is a leading manufacturer of motorcycle luggage systems, based in Boulder, Colorado USA. AdventurePipe exhaust systems and Caribou luggage systems are built tough for the adventure touring motorcyclist who needs rugged functionality, high quality, and personal service and support. Their products are used by hard-core adventure riders and weekend warriors all over the world. For more information visit www.cariboucases.com. Phone (303) 786-8947.
# # #
All trademarks and logos displayed herein are registered and unregistered trademarks of Pelican Products, Inc. and others.
Kawasaki is a registered trademark of Kawasaki Motors Corporation
Suzuki and V-Strom are registered trademarks of Suzuki Motors Corporation
Buell is a registered trademark of Buell Motors Corporation
GORE-TEX is a trademark of W.L. Gore & Associates.

Media Contacts:

For Pelican Products Inc.:
Keith Swenson
Tel: (310) 326-4700
Toll Free: (800) 473-5422
E-mail: kswenson@pelican.com

For Adventure Motorcycle Equipment;
Roger Pioszak
Tel: (303) 786-8947
Email: info@adventure-motorcycle.com

from here and pelican direct Hope that clears it up for you :D

Btw it is extremely hard to break a case, I've tried on a couple of occasions with no success :augie

I thought it was pretty clear cut tuned :nenau anyway, i remembered seeing a press release from pelican about it :D

from here and pelican direct Hope that clears it up for you :D

not really it only seems to mention NEMA 4 waterproof key locks as a mounting method and by the looks of it there are now different methods of mounting also... do pelican then also cover them?

i think a simple yes or no to say if every box is fully coved for the lifetime guarantee no matter what mounting system is used would help clear up the question properly... these other statements leave it a bit vague IMO

not really it only seems to mention NEMA 4 waterproof key locks as a mounting method and by the looks of it there are now different methods of mounting also... do pelican then also cover them?

i think a simple yes or no to say if every box is fully coved for the lifetime guarantee no matter what mounting system is used would help clear up the question properly... these other statements leave it a bit vague IMO

YES! :blast

Is there anyone in the UK that actually retails the Caribou cases and, just as important, the mounting racks?

Looking to buy luggage for my 950SE, just been let down by SW-Motech after a 3+ week wait. Pannier frames for the SE/SM are the problem.

Is there anyone in the UK that actually retails the Caribou cases and, just as important, the mounting racks?

Looking to buy luggage for my 950SE, just been let down by SW-Motech after a 3+ week wait. Pannier frames for the SE/SM are the problem.

Sorry, we don't make a rack for the 950SE.

-rog

Three and a half years on, is there any news on whether these cases and racks are available in the UK? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom