Best place for tyres in north west?

Bob Baker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Iam looking for a place in the north west that has tourance or anakee tyres for my 12gs in stock but is ok on price and has a ride-in ride-out fitting service? Also must be open sat or sun.

I am in Warrington, cheshire.

Bob - dont want much then do i.?

http://www.motorcycle-tyres.co.uk/ In Leigh T/A SMD Tyres

This guy is the best for service I've ever used. I go to them from Oldham.
I rode up first time a few years back. The owner is a biker, he stopped his lads owrking on a car, I left the bike, wobbled off for a brew and all was ready and waiting for me when I came back. And his prices were pretty good too.

tyres

Give SMD at Leigh a call 01942604511. Have used them for years, never had a problem with fitting or damage to wheels and have a good stock of tyres and prices seem similar to every one elses.

bob i have used Steve / Karen Platt at F & B motorcycle tyres a 01270 760795 (Sandbach)

F&B's are good ride in/ride out service while you wait.
he is a well known bmw owner ,works from home
or nearer to you is i think tst tony salter i think??in warrington.

do a search on this site for info and reccomended ;) :)

Ted said:
Give SMD at Leigh a call 01942604511. Have used them for years, never had a problem with fitting or damage to wheels and have a good stock of tyres and prices seem similar to every one elses.

i've used then once because only need to replace on tyre, great sevice and would defo use again :thumb

colt said:
bob i have used Steve / Karen Platt at F & B motorcycle tyres a 01270 760795 (Sandbach)

F&B everytime, always carries loads of Tourance tyres on the shelf for tossers ;)

I rang him yesterday

and he did a good price on tourances, £170 and BT 020's, £193 fitted.
Still trying to find another way though so I don't have to travel 110 miles for a set of tyres. :eek:

Can't decide between the above tyres or some michelin pilot roads.
Doing a search just confuses things :nenau

THE ROVER said:
Still trying to find another way though so I don't have to travel 110 miles for a set of tyres. :eek:

Look at it another way, when you're home they're almost scrubbed in. :cool:

BTW if you head east from Sandbach, the Peak District is nice, the tunnel isn't that far away either, but it's not a quick road. Not for me. :eek:

Thanks folks, new tourance are now on the bike care of SMD of leigh. Good service and nice friendly people too.

Bob

bobalob5 said:
Thanks folks, new tourance are now on the bike care of SMD of leigh. Good service and nice friendly people too.

Bob

Bob, sent you a pm.

cheers Stuart.

colt said:

I use Steve too. One of the nicest guys you can have to do your tyres. Takes his time but does a lovely job. Loves BM's and really takes care with your baby. Balances by hand (weired but 100% spot on) and is pretty cheap too. I used him because of a recommendation and wouldn't look elsewhere now. Worth the trip from Warrington, get em bedded in on the way home too, BONUS!!!!!!
Seriously, this guy comes Highly recommended

Flipfly said:
I use Steve too. One of the nicest guys you can have to do your tyres. Takes his time but does a lovely job. Loves BM's and really takes care with your baby. Balances by hand (weired but 100% spot on) and is pretty cheap too. I used him because of a recommendation and wouldn't look elsewhere now. Worth the trip from Warrington, get em bedded in on the way home too, BONUS!!!!!!
Seriously, this guy comes Highly recommended

Booked in for wednesday afternoon at Steves.
Having some tourances fitted. :thumb

THE ROVER said:
Booked in for wednesday afternoon at Steves.
Having some tourances fitted. :thumb

Nice one! I'm sure after tomorrows visit you will be back again :thumb

What time are you going there?!

ROLLINSDAN said:
Nice one! I'm sure after tomorrows visit you will be back again :thumb

What time are you going there?!

Should be there between 4-5 pm. He reckoned about 1 hour to fit.

THE ROVER said:
Should be there between 4-5 pm. He reckoned about 1 hour to fit.

Bugger, I would have called in to say hello if it was a bit earlier! Next time!

tourances now fitted.

Went to Sandbach for the tyres, his place is not what I expected but he appears to have done a good job at a good price. :thumb
Likeable bloke as well and I had a good chat with him.

Not the best time to be scrubbing in tyres what with a downpour on the M6 and knobheads in cages desperate to get home. :spitfire

Had one very scary moment. :eek:

I'm booked in with Steve at F&B on sunday afternoon for conti road attacks on my 1200 for the princely sum of £154 :clap :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom