Tour-x nose guard

Funny how happy a small piece of rubber can make a man......

........:rolleyes:

Attachments

• nosepiece.JPG
    nosepiece.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 263
Schtum
All you need now is a "QUICK STRAP" for your goggles!
If you've not seen one I will get daughter to post pics later.
Basically a 2 piece replacement strap which attaches either side of the visor opening. One end fixed/other velcros in place. Allows you to remove/replace goggles when stationary or moving slowly if you wish without the heart stopping moments :eek: when you ping the goggles into your eyes or loose them off your helmet. Works with dark visor down too and if you want visor only you can reverse and place them on the back of the helmet out of the way. A bit exp. at £18 but well worth it.:thumb2

Quick Strap

Schtum
All you need now is a "QUICK STRAP" for your goggles!
If you've not seen one I will get daughter to post pics later.
Basically a 2 piece replacement strap which attaches either side of the visor opening. One end fixed/other velcros in place. Allows you to remove/replace goggles when stationary or moving slowly if you wish without the heart stopping moments :eek: when you ping the goggles into your eyes or loose them off your helmet. Works with dark visor down too and if you want visor only you can reverse and place them on the back of the helmet out of the way. A bit exp. at £18 but well worth it.:thumb2

I bought a Quick Strap to fix to my Tourx, But found the Velcro patches fouled the screws that hold the visor on. Am i doing something wrong?:mmmm

Major G.
Sounds like you fitted mountings too high. I placed mine following setting up the goggles with origanal strap on helmet. If you look at the photo above courtesy of Schtum and compare. the centre of my mountings are roughly below the visor screws and about the position of the last "T" on the "SCOTT" logo.Prfect fit
Will post photo later

I have a 1200 and a Tour X helmet, and have gone completely the other way with the screen to everyone else! I've fitted a 'cockpit screen' (from NN) and am very pleased with the results (just have to be careful not to 'raise your head' on the way back from lifesavers, otherwise the wind catches the 'peak' and provides some resistance - not a major issue, but something to watch out for).

The combe is good up to 180km/h+, but I've not tried for extended periods at speed.

Made a point of seeing Mark from Race visors today as there office is above my work . I asked if he had many nose gaurds left and he informed me that he only had about 5 left after i had bought mine . Arai UK imported 50 and race visors had 33 of them and they are unsure when the are going to get some more in .

Bugger RC

You just cost me £8.99 as well:mad: I was only passing through and seeing Tour X i decided to have a nosey.Anyway,whilst here having bought a new Tour X and not worn it yet,is it possible to fit a fog city to the visor owing to the strange shape of it (the visor that is!!) I had one fitted to an Arai Quantum which worked fine apart from night time when i thought i had one to many:beer: Thoughts,constructive or otherwise will be read accordingly.

:D

At least it wasn't another £300 :eek: Just had to replace my tour x after the recent off, wasn't insured with the bike policy :mad:

I did try a oxford antimist thingy in the tour x, removed it after a day because it didn't stick down, not sure if other makes fare any better :nenau

Back
Top Bottom