Tossers with Guitars

The Bede

Reaction score
... One of my motivations for buying my 12GS was the niggling suspicion that it would be possible to mount a guitar, in a hard-case, to the RHS pannier fixings (with mods).

... I'm heading back to UK this weekend (Dec 9th) and want to explore the possibilities when I get home. I'll be able to supply a moulded case fitted for the guitar I want to transport (I'll need to do a special water sealing job on it).

... Have any of the Forum 'Vendors of Innovations' handled such a project?
... Is there an off the peg solution?
... Any sensible suggestions from the assembled Sages ...(apart from stop that bloody racket, or, have you ever considered taking up the harmonica?)

... Suggestions on how to take it 'up the harmonica' might also be interesting!!! :eek:

Forget the full swize guitar and get yourself a little travel guitar - something like a Martin Backpacker :cool:

Sorry - I opened the thread thinking it was an article about Liam and Noel Gallacher :nenau

Al :thumb

I used carry mine in a hard case with the neck sticking out over the number plate, not totally waterproof in my cheap case but it would be if you used one of those hard flight cases :nenau That was on the 1200gs, i've just gone and checked the case on the GSA and it dosn't fit, due to the two grab handles :(

Shep

Twotter said:
Forget the full swize guitar and get yourself a little travel guitar - something like a Martin Backpacker :cool:

I've tried that, and cant get used to the lack of a body (due to my crap ability probably) also they are alright if you just want to practice, but they are very tinny to listen too if performing is your game:nenau

Shep

The Bede said:

... Suggestions on how to take it 'up the harmonica' might also be interesting!!! :eek:

Remeber that in the film 'Crossroads', Sonny Terry :bow said
..."Where I come from, if you don't blow no harp, you don't get no pussy"

It's well worth the effort of learning ;) :thumb

Shep said:
I've tried that, and cant get used to the lack of a body (due to my crap ability probably) also they are alright if you just want to practice, but they are very tinny to listen too if performing is your game:nenau

Shep

I find mine to be quite comfortable to play but the lack of bass is the biggest problem like you say. Mind you it does let you cut through so it's not all bad & you can use it as a temporary cricket bat if needs be :)

Twotter said:
I find mine to be quite comfortable to play but the lack of bass is the biggest problem like you say. Mind you it does let you cut through so it's not all bad & you can use it as a temporary cricket bat if needs be :)

I think it comes down to the fact i'm real crap :D I don't use a strap and I play sitting down 90% of the time :rolleyes:

Must get lessons, must get lessons, must get lessons

Shep

... Is there an off the peg solution?

with a lid natch!! ;)

sorry, I just couldn't resist it tonight! :D

Attachments

• TS32BX_500w.jpg
    TS32BX_500w.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 363
V.nice :cool:

I had a go on a Rainsong once and thought it was pretty neat, I'll keep an eye open for an Emerald and give one a test ride :)

Here's a piccie of mine. It was the promo/tester for 2 years and has been played by the great and the good.

Attachments

• DSCN1486 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1486 (Small).JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 278
rdover said:
Here's a piccie of mine. It was the promo/tester for 2 years and has been played by the great and the good.
Please stop now. I want one...... :(

Tyhe sound is unbeleiveable and unlike normal guitars (especially12 strings) it NEVER goes out of tune. Beautiful ringing tones amazing build quality adn surprisingly light action.

It cost me only £400 whan new ones cost over £2,000 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just tell me to stop, I don't want to go too far ....

rdover said:
Just tell me to stop, I don't want to go too far ....
No, no.....that's ok. I just had a quick bash on my Yoshi. I feel much better now.

Schtum said:
No, no.....that's ok. I just had a quick bash on my Yoshi. I feel much better now.

Ooh-err, missus :eek:

Is that meant to read that way? :confused:

Blackal said:
Ooh-err, missus :eek:

Is that meant to read that way? :confused:

I have a guitar made by a company called Yoshi......
dozey.gif

£400 vs £2k ???

That's what I call a result :cool:

I'm sticking with my trusty old Takamine 6 string. Just had it refretted and given a bit of TLC - sounds better than before and will last me into my box (hiscox ;) ). I found a Takamine EG-523 12-string on eBay last year and that's a keeper too.

... No off the peg solution then :rolleyes:

... I'm enjoying the thread re: travel guitars though. The Martin backpacker is tinny, falls off your knee and lacks any projection due to the small soundbox.

... I have a guitar earmarked for the job ... A Yamaha FG440 (pre-Chinese manufacture), nice tobacco sunburst solid spruce top and with a Fishman Matrix under-saddle transducer fitted, that I've had for 15 years. I've tried odd 'cross-saddle and out the back' transport before ... you look such a 'nana :smokeboun so I'm look for a more elegant, useable solution, which will encourage me (and others) to take their banjos on the road more regularly. :coold :guitarist

... The Yam has a decent sound (rich bottom end), solid (it's been round the world twice), good enough to gig, but not so precious I wouldn't pass it round the pub for use by others. I reckon it's an ideal travelling plank ... but it is a full size dreadnought and I'm keeping it that way (I'll buy a new light ABS moulded case for this application)

... I had a Takamine EF341 marked down for the job (the Bruce Springsteen Takamine ... probably a bit too posh for the job) ... but sadly that was stolen in Buenos Aires earlier this year (a woeful and tragic tale) :fiddle . There is absolutely no way my Taylor, or my Martin are riding 'pillion' :nono

... I'll try Ram-Man and a couple of the other Tosser Forums for a solution.

Back
Top Bottom