Calling all GSers in Germany

Yep Assen sounds good, hopefully doing Catalunya before it as well, just need to get that past the OC domestic as well.:D

Assen is not really my thing, so I'll probably pass on this one. Sorry guys, having lived in The Netherlands for almost 4 years, I couldn't wait to get out and have no desire to return in the immediate future, not even for a weekend in Assen.

Assen is not really my thing, so I'll probably pass on this one. Sorry guys, having lived in The Netherlands for almost 4 years, I couldn't wait to get out and have no desire to return in the immediate future, not even for a weekend in Assen.

Any other sggestions then for a w/end in Germany or thereabouts?

Any other sggestions then for a w/end in Germany or thereabouts?

Trev,

I'm relatively open. As I posted some time ago, since we're all rather spread out, somewhere in the middle wouldn't be a bad idea. If we're looking at a whole weekend (i.e. including an overnighter), then I guess that we're all a bit more flexible (I certainly am, anyway).

With overnight stops, we could even rotate the location a bit - a weekend in Sachsen, a weekend in Schwarzwald etc...

Shall one of us set up a poll with the preferred duration/location and see what the others say? I'm quite happy to organise something if a few people want to visit a specific area and require accomodation (care of one of the "Tourenfahrer" biker-friendly accomodation guides, that I've found to be very reliable in the past).

Schöne Grüße aus Bühl

Dave

Shall one of us set up a poll with the preferred duration/location and see what the others say? I'm quite happy to organise something if a few people want to visit a specific area and require accomodation (care of one of the "Tourenfahrer" biker-friendly accomodation guides, that I've found to be very reliable in the past).

Schöne Grüße aus Bühl

Dave

Excellent idea :thumb

We could get some momentum going :)

You may mock sir, a good weekend has been experienced there!!
including some weird mafia run nightclub:thumb

Colditz is rapidly becoming a well visited site for bike riders - many motorcycle mags (including "Bike", if my memory serves me correct) have documented tours there. I visited some years ago and would happily go again.

Trev - I know it's not much of a ride out for you, but if there's enough interest, we could visit the "museum" and have a ride out through the countryside from there - what do you reckon?

When would you be considering in doing this ride/weekend out. Colditz sounds good to me, although I reckon that a good gps would be handy as I've heard that its a nightmare to get out of the place!!!!! :D

When would you be considering in doing this ride/weekend out. Colditz sounds good to me, although I reckon that a good gps would be handy as I've heard that its a nightmare to get out of the place!!!!! :D

Like it lol:D

I heard June 30th :nenau
Mac

Like it lol:D

I heard June 30th :nenau
Mac

June 30th would be Assen - what about keeping that dat efor those who want to go to the GP and then maybe doing a May w/end at Colditz?

The official hols for May are 01/17/28 - any takers?

How does the 1st UKGSers Germany Colditz Meet sound?

Empty roads, cheap fuel and no speed camera's

That's important - I just got a nice letter with my foto when i was driving the car near F/Furt :(

95km/h in a 60 :eek:

Am I in for the highjump guys? :nenau

95km/h in a 60 :eek:

Am I in for the highjump guys? :nenau

More than 20 km/h over the limit means points in Flensburg. More than 30 km/h in an urban zone can mean driving licence withheld for 1 month. Is the quoted 95km/h before or after the 10% reduction, and was the 60 km/h limit in town, or one of those frequent temporary limits in an Autobahn roadworks? If on the Autobahn, you shouldn't have to lend your licence out....

See also:

http://verkehrsanwaelte.de/bussgeldkatalog_geschwindigkeit.html

One of those - so do I get worrying or not Dave? :confused:

Not unless you already have a large collection of points already in Flensburg.

By my reckoning, it'll be a EUR 75 fine, with up to 3 points. The number of points depends largely on the Bundesland - I don't have any experience with Hessen (Thankfully!), so can't comment in this case.

Back
Top Bottom