Just knocked this up

For our American friends "Makralon" is known as "Lexan" in The States...:beerjug:

Nice job by the way....... :thumb

Jaber, if you could make one for an 1150 I'd buy it. Ditched my sump guard ages ago but like the look of this :thumb

Looks brilliant, and my first thought was get one, but how would it compare
with the original sump guard for strength ?

Still thinking of getting one though.:mmmm

ps, I've tried shaping Polycarbonate with direct heat and always got what looked
like air bubbles on the fold, which, I'd imagine would be weak.

Are they for sale, to suit an 1100, how much ?

Looks brilliant, and my first thought was get one, but how would it compare
with the original sump guard for strength ?
I reckon it would stand up very well.

This is the same stuff that the army and police have used for riot shields for years and it was also used to 'armour' Land Rovers in NI.

you can form makralon - or polycarbonate using the 'droop' technique.

Get a sheet and where you want a bend forming, hang it over the edge of a bench - then using a hot air paint stripper type gun, heat the fold line while applying downward pressure to the bit hanging over.

it'll bend along the bench edge , then set where you leave it. :thumb

I guess it's not a good idèa to make exhaust pipes & cans in polycarbonate, then? ;)
It would be cool to have the engine in polycarbonate! Not possible I guess, but cool.

:) Liv.

I guess it's not a good idèa to make exhaust pipes & cans in polycarbonate, then? ;)
It would be cool to have the engine in polycarbonate! Not possible I guess, but cool.

I saw a program on Enduro/MotoX bikes where they replaced some of the casings with a clear plastic
looked amazing to see the clutch and oil pump working with the bike running.

You'd be surprised what else they make from Polycarbonate, Here :D

Anyway, JABER, are you selling these and can I get one for the 1100, and how much ? :nenau :thumb

I saw a program on Enduro/MotoX bikes where they replaced some of the casings with a clear plastic

Anyway, JABER, are you selling these and can I get one for the 1100, and how much ? :nenau :thumb

Heyup Daithi,

Havnt really given much consideration to producing these shite catchers, its just that I work within the food industry, and there was a large piece of scrap Makralon 10ftx7ft from a machine we where dismantling and I thought that would come in handy one day, then one day it was raining and I thought ill just go in the garage and mess about, the rest is history, but if y really want one I will explain in more detail where the stuff is available and how to use it.

Heyup Daithi,

Havnt really given much consideration to producing these shite catchers, its just that I work within the food industry, and there was a large piece of scrap Makralon 10ftx7ft from a machine we where dismantling and I thought that would come in handy one day, then one day it was raining and I thought ill just go in the garage and mess about, the rest is history, but if y really want one I will explain in more detail where the stuff is available and how to use it.

Thanks Jaber, PMing ya.:thumb

Clear Wheels!
WOW!
Imagine that on my Scarver!!!!!!:thumb
Polycarbonate = great!

Polycarbonate panniers would make it easier to find stuff. And suitcases!:bounce1

Clear Wheels!
WOW!
Polycarbonate = great!

Polycarbonate panniers would make it easier to find stuff. And suitcases!:bounce1

And the whole world could see your dodgy underwear.

Welsh :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1 :nono

Clear Wheels!
WOW!
Polycarbonate = great!

Wow now that gives me an idea, thanks Liv:clap :)

Back
Top Bottom