Isle of Man Meets

A good turn-out and some good food...here's hoping for the Raven next time...well within staggering distance :beer:

Yes, good "doo" today, Moo. Looking forward to your next lunch party.

February 25th for next meet?

Yes, good "doo" today, Moo. Looking forward to your next lunch party.

Hi Guys,
It was SO nice to meet you all and to put faces to names (and names to usernames :D ). We went and walked off the grub down at Glen Maye (the first time our pup (whom Dermot went to get) had seen the sea....he got SOAKED!!!

Anyway.....as above.....how about the 25th Feb? Chris..if you want I can book the table at The Raven in Ballaugh...sounds like a good place to go..If you all just let me know about numbers when you have a mo...or if the 4th MArch would be better......and whether we should have a ride-out perhaps??? what do people think?:)

Derm and I are SO glad to be here and have met some fantastic people including your good selves. OUr mates, Helen and Jim weren't given too hard a time...and perhaps we made a convert or two to Triumphs:augie theirs was a noisy bugger tho! Not like the nice quiet BM's!!:eek

So --- people to help when our wee 650's break; :bow
and Dave........I am SO into the idea of getting some of your cow stickers.....let me know if its possible.....SUPER:clap :clap
and Chris.....how did the painting get on.......

and we both REALLY look forward to meeting again next month. When we have been here a bit longer and feel OK about asking someone to Rob-sit...we'll make it down to The Creek too....now that I know where it is (sort of!).

Thanks Guys!
Moo:rose

This people thinks 25 Feb or 4 Mar should be fine for lunch at Raven, with ride for hors d'oeuvres.
I'll watch this space for more details i.d.c.

This people thinks 25 Feb or 4 Mar should be fine for lunch at Raven, with ride for hors d'oeuvres.
I'll watch this space for more details i.d.c.

We could have the ride first ;) This option isn't even slightly influenced by the fact I can drop my bike at home and have a pint (or three) :mmmm

Such thoughtfulness, Chris :thumb, thinking that the ride before would get everyone's appetites up :D

Such thoughtfulness, Chris :thumb, thinking that the ride before would get everyone's appetites up :D

SO......where we gonna go then eh???

Someone come up with a good place to go! :)

and it seems that the 25th is a good date!! at the Raven! CAn you book it Chris......?

10 again I think....plus anyone else who wants to come this time too.....

see ya soon
Moo:type

How about we meet in Port Erin @ The Haven Hotel around 12.00pm and head up over the Sloc then down through Dalby & Peel and onto Ballaugh. We will then have ridden from The Haven to the Raven!

List:

Chris + 1 (?)
Peter and Barbara
piebaps
Dave?
sillymoo and Derm and Rob
Helen and Jim (i think)
samwise

anyone else from the Peel clan???

by the way...when is the next Peel meet??? CAn't remember if its the second or third Tues of each month.

Moos

OH....and piebaps idea for the ride-out sounds good to me (I don't have a clue where he was talking about as my geography has not improved at all!!) so does that sound good to other folk? We're in!

Peter and Barbara confirm for 25 Feb ride and lunch.
If "the Peel lot" discover this clandestine dining they might want to come too, but no doubt Chris has this in mind re giving numbers to the Raven.

I'm in for that weekend - my free one between helping out at the Grandstand prep for TT and working the following weekend :clap

mmmm food. Count me in. Do they serve these at the Raven?

Attachments

• Pie in Bap 3.JPG
    Pie in Bap 3.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 102
mmmm food. Count me in. Do they serve these at the Raven?

we discovered the chips, cheese and gravy combo the other day....haven't tried it....sounds interesting.....hmmmmm.....not sure about this.......we'll perhaps try it when the mobile chippy comes through on Fri...not tomorrow.....nice home made soup on the menu.......brrrrrrrrr.......for the cold days!

:topic LOOK at the snow on the mountains! Nice stuff! A bit slippy driving from CAstletown back to Michael.........pretty tho' without the danger! I like that long straight bit....COOL on a bike...when I get a chance!

Witttering..sorry....night guys!:type
Moo:jibber

A thousand Apologies

All

Sorry:nenau

Can't make 25th Feb. I was given an impossible choice. A trip to Dublin for the rugby or meeting with you guys at the Raven.:aidan

A friend of mine booked a trip and is unable to go. I gallantly stepped in and offered to go in his place so he didn't lose all his money.:angel

Keep me posted for the next meet tho:clap

Back
Top Bottom