Isle of Man Meets

All

Sorry:nenau

Can't make 25th Feb. I was given an impossible choice. A trip to Dublin for the rugby or meeting with you guys at the Raven.:aidan

A friend of mine booked a trip and is unable to go. I gallantly stepped in and offered to go in his place so he didn't lose all his money.:angel

Keep me posted for the next meet tho:clap

After their abismal (I cannot spell that word!) show on Sunday against France I am VERY suprised you are going to dump us for that!!!! Well abysmal might be a bit strong....excpet for the first half! Anyway...not to worry...we'll forgive you one day...by the way...I thought it was next weekend the England v Ireland match???
Moo

Cool :thumb

Is a ride still planned either before or after? :nenau

Piebaps idea to go from Port Erin over to Ballaugh was muted.......do we all want to do that? or around the coast? or over a hill or two???

Speak now guys...you are speaking to an IOM novice......

looking at a house tonight...wish us luck...Wideload...look out for one for us in Ballaugh pls......if you hear of any with a garage.....

Moo

Will do sweetie :thumb

thanks honey bun!!
what colour is your garage by the way....I tried to spot it the other day but I can't figure out where you are.....is it right coming over the bridge (from Michael) or left....if its left..thats why I can't spot your garage.....:blast

A ride before lunch would be our preference. We would be happy with the suggested route.

Who is in charge of the weather ?

Glorious day today - brrrr, bit nippy though! Did a lap of the course, was going fine until I crossed Ballig Bridge and looked at the field - it was white! :eek As was the field at Glen Helen 1 so I took it verrrrrrrrrry careful until I got up to the Cronk-y-Voddy, then opened it a bit.

Took it easy whenever the road went under the trees, then got to White Gates in Ramsey and the matrix sign said Warning: Mountain Ice :blast So took it carefully over there too on the corners, but I must say that Brandish is now a nice corner ;) :thumb2

Stopped at a mate's in Abbeyfields for a cuppa - took about 10 mins for my fingertips to warm up :D

Glorious day today - brrrr, bit nippy though! Did a lap of the course, was going fine until I crossed Ballig Bridge and looked at the field - it was white! :eek As was the field at Glen Helen 1 so I took it verrrrrrrrrry careful until I got up to the Cronk-y-Voddy, then opened it a bit.

Took it easy whenever the road went under the trees, then got to White Gates in Ramsey and the matrix sign said Warning: Mountain Ice :blast So took it carefully over there too on the corners, but I must say that Brandish is now a nice corner ;) :thumb2

Stopped at a mate's in Abbeyfields for a cuppa - took about 10 mins for my fingertips to warm up :D

Yes...glorious day today! Took the bikes over to Niabyl and it was just gorgeous! Our Boy had a hoot...he has never really been "into" being on the back of the bike...but he "whooped" with joy at the speeds (I suppose trudging around London ain't too many wee boys idea of fun!). Got covered in mud walking in bike boots and discovering (well...I already knew but too the chance) that there was no grip......I am seriously thinking about doing the coastal route as a pre-West Highland Way trip..its 100 miles instead of 95....and rather gorgeous. Hmm...it would be cheaper too as Dermot can come get me each night and take me home...plus no boat trips.....might be better whilst we are still sorting out income.............thinking aloud again...Sorry!

Anyway --- yes...we had a ball too! Sad we missed you but see you on Tues night. Got a willing babysitter for Rob and I now know where The Creek is...the one wiv all them bikes outside!! The Chrome brigade were out big-time in Peel today!!

See ya soon........mines a Guinness if they have any!
Moo

PS I wish I knew how to post a photo on here .......we have some fantastic photos of the coast!

PS I wish I knew how to post a photo on here .......we have some fantastic photos of the coast!

Two ways - one way is to have all your photos hosted online somewhere and then link to them (then you can have multiple pictures per post).

The other way is to click on the 'Manage Attachment' button when you reply (in the additional options section below where you type your message). That will open a new window and you can browse for the required photos on your hard drive. They have to be less than 122kb in size, so you might need to re-size them down to, say, 600x450 to get them small enough.

Make sense? :D

Oh, and Niarbyl bay is really nice, isn't it - steep old road down though :D

All my bloody fault!!

Dermot and I are going to have to cry-off this evening at The Creek!

Yesterday evening we were about to sit down to a nice movie, tea and bed...when Dermot yelled "oh God" and grabbed the dog. We have a young Cavvy (tri-colour) who had managed to get ahold of a plastic bottle half full of ibruprofen solution. My son and I had been tidying the livingroom and he had inadvertently left the bottle on the bottom shelf of our coffee table. Neither of us realised how tempting this would be to a 2-year old pup.

Most of the contents SEEMED to be on the carpet but I rang the vet straight away who said to look out for signs of weakness and vomitting.

Well, we were both very upset...but there was nothing we could do initially except to wait! At 2am the vomitting began...slowly at first....every 30 minutes or so (I rang the vet again at 2 then at 3.30a.m) and then at 4.30 things seemed to get worse and he was vomitting every 10-15 minutes. We met the vet (who was fantastic) at the practice in Ramsey at 5.15a.m and our poor little pup, by that time, was vomitting blood.

Ibruprofen is a nasty thing to humans if too much is taken...but to a pup of his size, whom we reckoned took in the region of 200-400mg...it can do permanent damage to his stomach and kidneys......! I had read about a lady who had given her poor wee cat a paracetamol...for pain relief...and had killed it with kindness! Our day has not been very easy!

Duke (our pups name) was put on a drip and we had an anxious few hours waiting to see how he would be. I spoke to the vet at 3.30pm and Duke is chirpy and getting back to his old self. He is still on the drip...but has not been sick again since around 8a.m. and he'll be coming home at 6ish (when we go get him) with medication and instructions to come back tomorrow eve.

So.......hubby and I are gonna be at home this evenign nursing and spoiling our pup whom we nearly killed:mad: ....and thanking the friendlies that nothing worse happened to the baby of our family! I'm sorry we won't make it to the Creek tonight...I was really looking forward to it...but I KNOW you will understand.......and , of course, we'll be seeing you on Sunday at The Raven.

PS What is happening about the run before the lunch? Where shall we meet and if its at The Haven...can someone tell me where it is!

Moo's guys!

Moo:kissy2

Sorry to hear about the pup, Moo, hope he gets better soon :thumb

The Haven? Down in Port Erin, beside the railway station, on the left as you come into Port Erin (just past the petrol station).

so....weather permitting......and sorry I haven't been on top of this meet.....lets meet at The Haven, Port Erin (I think I know where we are going :augie ) tomorrow at say 11.30a.m.....aiming to leave there at 12 to go over to The Raven in Ballaugh for lunch at 1pm.

How does that sound.....say Ay!:type

Ay Ay cap'in!

thats 1.........now who else will be there......:nenau

my mobile is 489776. Give me a shout this eve or tomorrow if any probs and see you there.

If its pissing it down.:tears ...we'll meet at Ballaugh as we'll have our boy with us so won't risk bikin' in crappy weather!

Moo :moped:

by the way....pup is MUCH MUCH better.....even to the point of having a nice chew-bone from the butchers today (well...we have to spoil him a little!!).

Well, we've got to end up in Ballaugh so that you can have the odd half of shandy before wandering home :beer: :D

Hey Hey.........really nice to meet everyone again today...despite Derm's hangover from last night (or should I say this morning...as it was a rather late one...Jim and Helen are a TERRIBLE influence on us tea-total folk (Pah....Triumph riders!!).

So....I think we were thinking of the first Sunday in April ...the 1st? March seemed a busy month for most folk. When Chris posts the other dates for the other ride-outs...we can confirm then...but in the meantime....I'll pop into Glen Helen and see about the place there.......

any other suggestions for meet would be great. Nairbyl is good too...we would have to book a table for there too ...I think they open full time from the 8th April but are open on weekends up until then.........oh and we could stop at Davisons in Peel and have an icecream too....thats another option!!:augie

NEXT time there will be pics......I forgot the camera AGAIN:blast !!
SPeak soon
Moo

I will check out Glen Moar (they had a sign out this morning...so seem to have opened on week days now)......I was also wondering about Tynwald Mills...there is a nice cafe there.....no alcohol tho'!:thedummy

Moo

Looks like it all went well as did my trip to Dublin. Spotted Chris out cleaning his bike while on the way back from the airport.

1st April is good for me unless of course it is an elaborate hoax:D

Back
Top Bottom