Achill Island (Ireland) 20-22 July 2007

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After the success of the UKGSer weekend in Ireland last year Jockser and I are organising another one for 2007. :bounce1

The dates for the event are Friday July 20 to Sunday July 22.

Again our venue is the Achill Island Hotel, a newly built 26 bedroom family run hotel, restaurant and bar located at the gateway to Achill Island, Co Mayo.

hotel_boat_737x228.jpg

The hotel has 25 rooms in a variety of combinations, double, single, twin etc. Camping will be available on the GAA football pitch next door to the hotel for a small fee of €7.50 per night.

Campers can avail of the hotel toilet facilities and of course for those who do not want to cook breakfast they can go into the hotel in the mornings for their breakfast, with a choice of cereals, juices, fresh fruit, full Irish, fish, scrambled eggs & bacon, etc, tea/ coffee.

The hotel rates are as follows;

1 night Bed & Breakfast & 1 Dinner @ €90 per person sharing
2 nights Bed & Breakfast & 1 Dinner @ €125 per person sharing

Obviously at this rate it is better value to stay both nights and makes for a better weekend all round.

We have negotiated an exclusive booking period until Wednesday 7th March for UKGSers coming to this event.

Please contact the hotel direct and Beatrix will reserve your room for you.

We cannot guarantee a room for you after that date unfortunately, so book early.

If you interested in attending this event on Achill Island would you please post a reply to this thread so that we can plan accordingly.

Thanks

Aidan & Jockser

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

mayomap600w.gif

Achill Island is the largest island off the coast of Ireland, measuring some 20km from east to west and 18km from north to south. Its famous rocky and mountainous coastline measures a total of 120km and includes Europe's highest sea cliffs at Croaghan. Achill has two significant mountains, Slievemore (672m) and Croaghan (668m), while Minaun (466m) provides the dramatic cliffs at the Dookinelly end of Keel strand.

kildawnet.jpg

Gráinne Uaile's castle at Kildawnet, Achill Island

slievemore.jpg

Slievemore mountain seen from foot of Minaun cliffs, Achill Island

Plenty of these empty roads around. :thumb
road_to_mulrany.jpg

ashleam-5.jpg

keem_bay.jpg

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Apart from a road rideout there will also be an opportunity for some dirty fun.....

From here;

viewtotop.jpg

Like this

attachment.php

billachill.jpg

To here. Although Fanum & Timolgra both failed miserably last year. :rolleyes:

top.jpg

We look forward to seeing lots of you Tossers on Achill in July. :thumb

Oh yes:beer: and we'll make it to the top of that mountain this time:thumb

Sounds good too me:thumb ........

...............now where's the tent waterproofing stuff been hidden:rolleyes:

Shep

To here. Although Fanum & Timolgra both failed miserably last year.

:nono :nono

We failed GLORIOUSLY!!!!! :D :D

I'll be there :thumb

PS you sure about the camping this year??? :eyebrow

:nono :nono

We failed GLORIOUSLY!!!!! :D :D

PS you sure about the camping this year??? :eyebrow

Yes I didn't see 'HIM' there:rolleyes: we'll show 'em.

And camping? oh yes not everyone can afford BB:nono

Can somebody come & wake me up this time when the locals start a ruckus in the car park:D

And can I order another tee shirt please:thumb

Shep

And can I order another tee shirt please:thumb

Can I have the one I ordered last year please :rolleyes:

Hmmmm..... hotel or tent. Judging by 2006 the hotel would be more economical, what with having to buy a new, unripped, tent :mad:

Mind you, given the overall cost of the weekend last year, 100quid for a new tent doesn't sound so bad :eek:

They don't have Chav's on Achill Rob and well do you know it just sheep.

Speaking of sheep is that restraining order up yet? :D

expiered on 31st dec.....moved on now have you meet the new girlfriend

Attachments

• goat.jpg
    goat.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 320

Back
Top Bottom