First Bike Show of the Year

Dave Barrett

Reaction score
Yep, the season's now officially underway for 2007 (even if it's -2 at the moment!).

I took the opportunity of the fine weather yesterday to visit the "Motorrad Power" in Sindelfingen. Billed as the largest bike show for the Stuttgart area, it's still on the scale of "MotoKa" in Karlsruhe, which by my reckoning is the smallest bike show ever! However, the smaller shows have a much better atmosphere than the larger ones, even if it's a struggle to find something to fill a two hour visit!

Whatever, it was a great ride back home, since I cut straight through the Black Forest. The roads were mostly dry, although it was downright cold in the higher parts!

A few pictures follow:

View over the main hall:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 106
Rear Tourances/TKC80's etc. are expensive enough. I wouldn't want to pay for one of these every 10,000 km or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 107
Genuine street cred - Jordanian number plate on a GSA. (Yes it really was ridden there......and back again!)

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 93
1150GS used by Overcross for their trip to China and back last year.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 102
Front view of above. Best question I heard all day was from a small girl: "Mister, why is that motorbike so dirty?"

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
Tasteless/Tasteful* (*Delete as required - I don't want to offend anyone with my opinion) paintjob on the "Boxer Design" stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 103
Another special (I forget the exact name...sorry!) on the "Boxer Design" stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 100
Hi Trev,

It looks as though there'll be a bit more there than in SiFi. The main focus there was flogging of old stock. If you wanted to buy a new jacket/gloves/boots etc., it wasn't so bad.

None of the manufacturers were there, being represented by local dealers, although BMW Niederlassung Stuttgart by far dominated, having the biggest stand right in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom