Aerostich and clumpy boots

(RIP) Perryhill

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Given the exchange rate and the fact that I am required to wear suits to more and more client meetings I thought of investing in one of them leaky ole Aerostich suits.
Question is - as you can't 'try before you buy' - will I be able to get it on and off over my clumpy Altberg Hoggs or will I be reduced to the dreaded carpark shuffle :confused:

Given the exchange rate and the fact that I am required to wear suits to more and more client meetings I thought of investing in one of them leaky ole Aerostich suits.
Question is - as you can't 'try before you buy' - will I be able to get it on and off over my clumpy Altberg Hoggs or will I be reduced to the dreaded carpark shuffle :confused:

You don't have to put your feet through the suit.

You put your boots on first, then the suit. Doesn't matter what you have on you feet.

The only hole you need to put any foot through is up at the level of the right thigh......that zip goes from the right foot up to the top of the leg, so as long as you can get a boot through that, it's fine.

I wear size 12 or 13 boots, including Sidi Couriers, and there's no problem getting my right foot through, even being a clumsy git.

(As long as you can put on some boxer shorts without falling over, you'll be fine :D )

(The left side zip goes from foot to neck, opening the whole suit up so that's sorted)

I've worn my large (size 12) Altberg clubman boots with my Aerostitch for the past few years with no problems getting the Aerostich on or off. The zip broke on my clubman boots and I got a pair of Altberg Hoggs to replace them and get the Clubmans repaired. Lots of problems getting my right boot thru' the leg. Lots of hopping about, falling over and smashing myself in the face when the boot does go thru'. Great fun in the office. It's OK sitting down and feeding the foot carefully into the leg, not so good sting up. It might be that the Hoggs are new and the back of the heel hasn't been rounded off yet. No problems with the Aerostich once the boots are on. The Hoggs are the most comforable boot I've ever worn and are waterproof (lots of lovely flooded bits to ride thru' after the recent storms).

-- Guido

Lots of problems getting my right boot thru' the leg. Lots of hopping about, falling over and smashing myself in the face when the boot does go thru'. Great fun in the office. It's OK sitting down and feeding the foot carefully into the leg, not so good sting up.

-- Guido

Try putting a plastic bag over your boot/foot when putting in through the leg.

Not with MX boots.

I tried to wear my Aerostitch with my Tech 8's yesterday. Couldn't close the zips at the bottom because the boots are too wide (and if I had, the buckles would probably have damaged the inside lining) and they are too bulky to tuck in. With normal boots there isn't a problem.
Mark

I tried to wear my Aerostitch with my Tech 8's yesterday. Couldn't close the zips at the bottom because the boots are too wide (and if I had, the buckles would probably have damaged the inside lining) and they are too bulky to tuck in. With normal boots there isn't a problem.
Mark

Won't they fit even with the velcro adjustment at the bottom of the legs? I have quite a bit of adjustment in mine. :thumb

Mark

If your buying the suit new, ask for a bit of extra width in the bottom of the leg when you order

Won't they fit even with the velcro adjustment at the bottom of the legs? I have quite a bit of adjustment in mine. :thumb

Nope. It's not too much of a problem for me, I didn't buy it with MX boots in mind. If someone was thinking of ordering one though, Steptoe's advice is sound.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom