Adventure Rider UK Rally.. 21/22 April. Who's going?

I'm nipping up to Rhayader tomorrow for something to do ;) and to look at the campsite in case anyone fancies bimbling up or a cuppa in Rhayader itself.Leaving P'head about 10 Abergavenny way I guess about 10.30.

Four Weeks to go.. :)

Ok, with only four weeks to go. Who is still planning to attend? And are you up for the offroading or the road riding?

May be looking at the bike rather than cycle weekend. Have not long stuffed the MTB on a downhill route so nursing a shoulder injury, dislocated thumb and thigh injury. Will bring the Airhead for this one as it will be easier to ride than the KTM if the injuries are still playing up. Hope they are gone by the date and I can ride the MTB event but having missed one due to the injuries I cannot say that it is so important anymore. Will probably se you all there.
Andy

I'll be camping probably, rode past the site yesterday, looks nice! I'm up for road riding personally. Not been riding long so some black stuff for me!

Is it still turn up on the day at the campsite?

No need to book..

Andy M.. sorry to hear about the crunch..hope your back to full health soon. Would be good to see you if you do make it.

Andy Higgins..indeed just turn up and pay on the door as it were.

If all goes to plan i shall defo be there, was up the Elan Valley at the weekend going up to Aberystwyth via Devil's Bridge, the route was fantastic!!!

tosser

Is there room for a tosser? No previous experience off road but keen to learn!

i'm nursing a dislocated ankle at the moment, but I should be ok by then, I've also picked up a spare set of gs wheels so I will be on tkcs this time.
If the ankle is a problem I may have to bring the xl600, if that's ok with you guys

cheers

Rob

Quite new on here but hope to go aswell, so any one from around my area fancy a new rider to tag along then let me know.

I dont think anyone has stepped up to the plate for leading or route planning a road tride yet, so that may be rather impromptue, but everwhere is nice around there. Hey, the whole thing is 'impromptue' anyway....
:D

oh yes please

count me in for sunday. Where is the campsite so i can sort out the early morning arrival.:aidan

Not long..

Ok.. two weeks before the mayhem and fun.
So who's defenitely coming along??

I am likly to be taking the GS as the DRZ would require a trailer, as I have no luggage for it and no trailer.

Hoping for a good turn out.. a fair few on the adventure rider site seem to be up for it, so will be good to see who turns up.

I'll be there! leading the off-road run on Saturday :eek:
hi guys
is there going to be a dirtbike offroad run as well as a trailie bike run?

loz

Don't know exactly what Nin and Pumpy have in mind, Loz but they were setting up for suitable for traillies. But some seem to be bringing DRZs and the like (bigger dirt bikes). I think it may be a case of what turns up and who knows they way to anywhere. Bring the SE ;)

...is there going to be a dirtbike offroad run as well as a trailie bike run?

Ciao Lozzo,

What about picking up the phone and speaking to me directly? :doh

I'm going to Wales tomorrow for a recce run with the big-trailie-section of the TRF (you know, the organisation that refused to talk to you... :eyebrow). Our route will be definitely GS-able - even for Dr Rich... :augie

So if you think that this will be a bit boring for you - Mr #1 in the 901cc to 1100cc trail bike class :bow - you can take Possu and head off to some more exciting adventures (as long as you bring him back in one piece at night... :mmmm).

There might be even more people interested in a dirtbike run? I can give you my marked-up maps to make it easier to find the legal tracks - in case you are bovvered... :eyebrow

Cheers, Ela

:thedummy

I would come up but have wont have my tyres until Monday.

Oh and Loz? He never writes, he never calls.....to busy polishing his trophies I expect:p

strata florida, I did it on my 600 last week, it is possible to ride this route on the gs, it can be taxing in a slow speed balancing way and it is seriously bumpy with a few fords to cross.
if you go along the clearwen dam and then back across the strata it's probably a good 5 hours of slow speed riding, great fun though

any thoughts ?????

Rob

ps I blew the 600 up, so I won't be coming on that :thedummy

Back
Top Bottom