Nairobi bike hire

Mingh

Does anyone know of a reliable guy in Nairobi off whom we can rent a bike?

I'd hate to rain on your parade, but why do you want to hire bikes in Nairobi, Kenya seemed a bad enough place to drive a car, I got the impression you are really taking your life in your hands if you choose to ride a bike.

Don't get me wrong its a lovely country but the roads are really really bad in places.

isn't a GS forum about riding abd roads then?
In any case, the very few addresses we found were scary expensive, so we're currently preparing our mountainbikes to go round. seeing this last reply, well, eh, we'll see. At least you can swing a pushbike on top of a bus if the roads are just too rough...

Beautiful country, roads really bad in places (non existant in others!), sounds absolutely perfect for a GS!!

PG

In any case, the very few addresses we found were scary expensive, so we're currently preparing our mountainbikes to go round. seeing this last reply, well, eh, we'll see. At least you can swing a pushbike on top of a bus if the roads are just too rough...

Sorry Mingh as I said my intention wasn't to rain on your parade, just having been there and driven through Nairobi, seen the traffic, roads and the way the bikers got treated it just looks like a really unpleasent place to be on a bike.

Roads to the around Nairobi and up to Samburu seemed fine and there is an excellent road down to the Mara, but when we where there last year no-one was allowed to use it in case it wore out :D

Take a look at these guys though if you seriously want to go the Motorbike route, they gun 650GSs and seems to have their heads screwed on while not being too expensive (imo) http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96646

Mingh, I wasn't a tourist, I lived in Nbi for 16 years! Fantastic roads for a GS.
Get around the back of the Ngongs into the Rift and it is magic! Go down through Magadi and up onto the Ngurumans then on to the Mara if you wish.
All magic!

Mingh, I wasn't a tourist, I lived in Nbi for 16 years! Fantastic roads for a GS.
Get around the back of the Ngongs into the Rift and it is magic! Go down through Magadi and up onto the Ngurumans then on to the Mara if you wish.
All magic!

:eek: thats me corrected then ;)

my brother lives in Nairobi,travels throughout the whole country [works in mobile telecoms]and rides a 1430 harley softail :eek: he did say it could be hairey.but so can anywhere be.when he saw my gs at xmas his words were!that would be great over there.enjoy your holiday.u only live once:thumb

:eek: thats me corrected then ;)

Sorry John, it wasn't meant to put you down just to tell him there are fantastic roads there with virtually no traffic. As you point out Nbi itself is horrendous but all one needs to do is head down the Magadi road for instant magic. :beerjug:

Sorry John, it wasn't meant to put you down just to tell him there are fantastic roads there with virtually no traffic. As you point out Nbi itself is horrendous but all one needs to do is head down the Magadi road for instant magic. :beerjug:

No worries, none take :thedummy :D

All magic!

thanks for the sugestions.
sounds great, now i'm only hoping that we manage to get there on pushbikes.

Back
Top Bottom