Cat with no can

This is much nicer than the halfords tail pipe i put on, which is a fairly poor fit. I may well order one of these as well.
Yer but, the Halfords one uses a clamping arrangement that prevents heat transfer so yer boot doesn't melt :beer:

Hey guys, not trying to put a damper on things, but I was in my local BMW shop today and the mechanic guy told me about a dude that had done this mod to his bike. they had to repair it -engine was totally fcuk'd. Holes in pistons etc.

This may have been a one off, I'm a louder the better person so good luck to everyone. I have to say it looks sweet! :thumb

There are loads of people that have done this mod on the ADVRider site with no problems at all. I have heard of problems with the Y-Pipe on, making the bike run very lean.

When I Had my Remus Y and end can on, I did a plug chop and it was running lean but was fixed with the Steptoe Mod©.

Did chops with only the Cat and all is fine, can't see it causing any problems.

There are loads of people that have done this mod on the ADVRider site with no problems at all. I have heard of problems with the Y-Pipe on, making the bike run very lean.

When I Had my Remus Y and end can on, I did a plug chop and it was running lean but was fixed with the Steptoe Mod©.

Did chops with only the Cat and all is fine, can't see it causing any problems.

Sorry - whats a plug chop. Maybe I need to do one of those. Haven't touched the plugs. Just took off the can.

RE question about clip, yes just a stainless jubilee - can't remember where it came from - just hanging around in the parts bin. Had to try a few before I found onbe that looked neat and fitted properly.

RE Steptoe Mod - what is this?

Thx

Stubby-002.jpg

That photo looks vaguely familiar...:)

If indeed the Bike mentioned is mine, then I would like to clarify the post by 'Yodagoat'

My Motor has indeed been extensively rebuilt, well in excess of £3000.00 worth...:eek

It has a new Short Motor plus a load of other bits.....BUT, It has not had new Pistons!!

In fact, when the motor was taken down, the Pistons and Valves looked spot on, no pitting, everything was as sweet as you could wish for with 24000 miles on...!

The problem was a Mechanical Failure, apparently a woodruff key failed resulting in the valve gear letting go which then kissed the piston crowns and bent the valve stems.

When it was finally stripped down it transpired that there had been an issue with Oil supply resulting in All the valve gear having to replaced too...

Luckily it threw a six at tick-over so no major damage to the pistons...hence their reinstatement within the new motor, there was nowt wrong with them.

The only bits left over from the original motor were the Pistons, Barrels and Empty Heads :rolleyes:

So to the original point here.........the damage to my engine had Fek-all to do with the fact that I had used it from new, initially with a 'Y' piece and Carbon Can, then for the last 9000 miles with the Cat and 'U' Bend.....

I'm just glad that when I had been giving it some 'Berries' a month earlier on the Nurburgring, it didn't let go then, could have been an exciting moment or two...:eek:

I suppose there could have been another 1150 with a totally goose'd motor and the Techi had been referring to that....:rolleyes:

Needless to say, the 'U' Bend lives on...:thumb

u bend !

I trust you have a `brush ` just in case it don`t `flush`.................:rolleyes:
The best bit about CC having the u bend fitted is that you know when he`s about to overtake cos you can hear it `bark` :p

Remember if you are going to have one.......have a small one with a bend in it !:thumb
Shinyface ;)

I trust you have a `brush ` just in case it don`t `flush`.................:rolleyes:
The best bit about CC having the u bend fitted is that you know when he`s about to overtake cos you can hear it `bark` :p

I think it came back to bite him though............ He's known in some circles as "ToiletDuck" rather than "CoolCarbon"

:hide

Just as well you can predict his overtaking by the sound, cos his indicators don't work and his hand signals are well dodgy :rolleyes:

Al :mmmm

Absolutely,

but, your "We are turning to starboard" below - is a bit dodgy :rob

alg07.jpg

(which - strangely emulates your smileys)

Al :thumb2

but, your "We are turning to starboard" below - is a bit dodgy :rob

alg07.jpg

(which - strangely emulates your smileys)

It's a greeting reserved Totally for you Al....especially as you saw fit to capture that wee moment 'am Mosel'...:D :thumb

Danke........:beerjug:

btw, shoorly you mean Port...hic?

Back
Top Bottom