Cat with no can

Hi Charlyfarley. Which one do you mean, there are lots on this thread now. If you mean mine (the original post/photo) then I got it from this guy:

grubbbbster@googlemail.com

at a cost of £25 inc p&p.

Have now done about 6,000 miles and all first impressions confirmed. Main bonus for me is filtering on the motorway; its like the Red Sea parting but still none of my neighbours have even mentioned the noise to me in spite of my 5.45am daily departure.

Especially fun when you get the odd t*sser on the motorway who sits in the queue and won't budge over. Get as close to the open window (it invariably is) as you can, crank up the volume so they can't continue their m-fone conversation (again invariable) and prepare to move on very shortly!!

Hmmm, I see this is back up the lists.

Firstly, the only limiting factors for Coolcarbon's speed is his tendency to adhere to reasonable speed limits on the straight bits, aversion to slowing for the bendy bits and the fact that bits of his pillion passenger scrape the ground on interesting curves!!!!!!

I can personally bear witness to the fact that this gentleman (admittedly on a lowered bike, he has a small front wheel but says it's not painful) can have an 1150GS grounding on cold (stickyish) tyres.:eek:

Now, being an experienced CC pillion this LADY anticipates the more challenging corners and lifts her feet but there are limits, one can't be expected to lift your feet and look after your elbows at the same time.

It is safe to assume that the mod does not restrict performance, does improve balance and does make modders smile, although the cost in pillion boots is likely to increase. Mrs CC was seen to smile after only a short recovery (read trip to the bar) at GOTC.:mmmm :beer:

The funniest thing for me is that CC suggested that if I was late for the GOTC meet that I could catch up .....................................................................
Yeh, right, I'm only human!:beerjug:

Been asking this question a while, without response, do you think it gets louder when it is hot and been cleaned out, without the cat?

Maybee, our "dirtier" fuel here makes the difference.

Welsh :cool:

Without the cat and just with a stubby end pipe? Ouch - that would be way too raucous for me; I would think it would be a close-run thing whether the neighbours or the Bill came a-calling first! I certainly find that on my set-up (with cat and stubby end-pipe instead of any silencer) it gets slightly louder once its up to temp and also that it pops a bit on the over-run but again only once its hot and only when blipping down into 2nd (sometimes) and 1st (generally).

Back
Top Bottom