7 pin and 5 pin DIN plugs???

FATBOY

Can anyone tell me layout for the wires/functions on Autocom 5 and 7 pin DINs? :nenau
I want to make a short lead to convert a 7 pin headset (later) to a 5 pin Autocom device. *
Easy to trace out on the 7 pin as it all unplugs for access. The 5 pin would need some serious chewing around for the same result.:(
Can you help?
Ta, Phil.:)

* the device is just a straight lead from the (Motorola) radio to the headset with a VOX adjuster in the lead. Very simple, hence I want to keep it as an option as my 7 pin kit is on the bike. This is for other bikes/my scooter. :ymca

I have an Autocom cable for this specific purpose - but I can't find the part number at the moment.

autocom

Autocom 7 pin Female DIN Socket Pinouts​

Blue Left Speaker - Pin 7
Green Right Speaker + 1
White Left Speaker + 5
Black Right Speaker - 6
Screen Braid Not Connected
Red Microphone + 2
Yellow Microphone - ( HS/S ) 3

Useful diagram for those wishing to make a cable to drive the Autocom Helmet Speakers directly rather than go through the Autocom unit.
e.g. Riding solo with Satnav on.

Pinouts viewed from socket end towards viewer.

Auxilliary DIN plug pin configuration
Looking into the 60° DIN socket on the Autocom (or looking at the solder-side of a plug that you want to use with it) the pin configuration is:
8:00 white +9V (power from the Autocom)
10:00 yellow MIC (microphone)
12:00 shield GND (ground)
2:00 blue SPKR (speaker)
4:00 black or green PTT (push-to-talk)
Any mono signal can be applied to the GND+SPKR leads to get a second audio signal into the Autocom! This is very useful if you want to have a personal stereo and a radar detector connected at once. Connect the base of the stereo or mono plug to the GND pin and connect the tip (or tip and ring, for a stereo plug) to the SPKR pin of the DIN plug. This is a very useful cable to have in your kit!

Hope this helps

Nick

:beerjug:

Nick, your help much appreciated!:thumb2

Beemerboy, does that mean you want to sell it? I'll buy if you are as it'll save me buggering about burning my fingers. :D

Nick, your help much appreciated!:thumb2

Beemerboy, does that mean you want to sell it? I'll buy if you are as it'll save me buggering about burning my fingers. :D

Hi "FATBOY"

I'm not interested at the the moment as the kids sometimes use the 5-pin AVMS system (to listen to their own rather than Tossers music) that I bought it for.

OK mate, thanks all the same. Burnt fingers again this weekend then.:blast
:D

Old thread, but does anyone have the part number or one to sell? :thumby:

Hi Darren,

I do have one (used only 2 or 3 times by a pillion) to sell, but I need to search in the garage on Thursday this week to find it. I don't want to talk money until I have it in my hand.

You can e-mail me john.bentall(at)gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom