Who's joining in the road ride

• Yes, I'll be joining in

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No thanks, I'll be nursing a hangover

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
We'll have to wait and see ;)

Oh yes :D

I also remember you dropping your GSA twice in the space of five minutes in an underground carpark in Germany. :blast

:jes

Dont exaggerate Al......It was 3 minutes tops :clap

Llangollen 2007 Saturday Road Ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is welcome

The road ride promises to be a spectacular ride out (all Tarmac) which will take in some of Wales most spectacular scenery.

*****Here are some useful tips for those joining the rides*****

Try to arrive with a full tank..

Don't forget,:nenau the petrol station in Llangollen is now closed:bow and there is no other one!:roll I will be there :thumb2 but I don't know:nenau which ride I will do yet!:moped:

Don't forget,:nenau the petrol station in Llangollen is now closed:bow and there is no other one!:roll I will be there :thumb2 but I don't know:nenau which ride I will do yet!:moped:

Ok so we'll be needing to fill up before we get to Llangollen.

Any idea where the closest fule stations are around the town, so we are able to start the rides with at least an almost full tank?

Best get on and do the filler neck job then.

Ok so we'll be needing to fill up before we get to Llangollen.

Any idea where the closest fule stations are around the town, so we are able to start the rides with at least an almost full tank?

Best get on and do the filler neck job then.

Yep if anyone can provide details of where to fill up nearest to Llangollen given the earlier post re fueling - we are coming from London, to Brum then onto Llangollen on the A5 I think it is....only Kim has her Hornet which is not terribly great on mpg....and like Val.H we want to start Saturday with as much as possible!!

Ta

Jerome:bow :bounce1 :bow

Yep if anyone can provide details of where to fill up nearest to Llangollen given the earlier post re fueling - we are coming from London, to Brum then onto Llangollen on the A5 I think it is....only Kim has her Hornet which is not terribly great on mpg....and like Val.H we want to start Saturday with as much as possible!!

Ta

Jerome:bow :bounce1 :bow
Jerome, there is a petrol station at Oswestry on the A5 about 11 miles before Llangollen :thumb2

Paul,
pm'ed you 9 days ago about your query. You've still not opened it?

To road or off-road

Don't know which one to do yet but as I am there for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights I guess I will be able to squeeze in a bit of both.

I know the 2nd man system and am quite happy doing tail end charlie on-road if you want

Neil

Jockser and I will be riding down from Holyhead. Does anyone know if we can get fuel on the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen? I would appreciate some advice from you Welsh Wales chaps. Thanks.

Jockser and I will be riding down from Holyhead. Does anyone know if we can get fuel on the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen? I would appreciate some advice from you Welsh Wales chaps. Thanks.

:doh There's a clue in BHT's post :blast

Paul G (BHT) said:
Jerome, there is a petrol station at Oswestry on the A5 about 11 miles before Llangollen :thumb2

:aidan :tosser :augie

:doh There's a clue in BHT's post :blast

:aidan :tosser :augie

Were you to turn your map the right way up you may discover (to your great surprise) that we will not be near Oswestry which is 10 miles further down the road than Llangollen. That is why I asked about fuel in or around Corwen. :rolleyes:

Here is how you do it. Having the writing so that it can easily be read is generally a small clue as to which way up you should hold the map. :blast

map.jpg

Keep trying, it's really not so difficult with some practice.

:dabone :tosser :tosser :dabone

There is a petrol station about ten miles from Llangollen on the right hand side of the road... it's also has a recovery service too... good for the 1200's:augie

Yeahbut.... it's 11 miles the other side of Llangollen when coming from :aidanland
:D

Just shows how much attention I paid last time I was down that road :eek:
But I'd never let the facts get in the way when there's an opportunity to give the big :aidan boll1x a bit of grief :D

Here is how you do it. Having the writing so that it can easily be read is generally a small clue as to which way up you should hold the map. :blast

:blast :blast That explains what I've been doing wrong. Bit like reading a book, isn't it ? :thumb2 Thanks for that :p

:redbone

Hope to be there

I hope to get back of holiday pick up the bike and be ready for the saturday ride out. So hopefully another GSA for the day.

The Plan is to Attend

Hi - I am planning to be there bright and early for the 'spectacular ride out'

see you all then!

Back
Top Bottom