help!...I'm misting up!

Stopping the misting is not really the problem as all these products from sprays to soaps and potatoes all work:thumb

The problem with the Tour X is that when the visor is opened, even just a little, water runs doen the inside which causes the misting.
I've been thinking along the lines of glueing a strip of wiper blade along the inside top edge.

helmets that mist up/leak

I've been guilty over the years of buying often a helmet based on......looks.....let's be honest and if it fitted reasonably well then that was a sale.
The schuberth, the Tour X ...... all very sexy and ......all mist up and leak......
So we spend our lives looking for potatoes and miracle liquids and films to sort out the problem.

One helmet has those problems licked....the System V with the 'double glazed' visor.
Good helmet that works well and sustains pretty strong impacts on armco (tested 2006!!) IMHO can't do much better.
and I no longer stare through a haze of potato streakings!:D

One helmet has those problems licked....the System V with the 'double glazed' visor.
Good helmet that works well and sustains pretty strong impacts on armco (tested 2006!!) IMHO can't do much better.
and I no longer stare through a haze of potato streakings!:D

Even though you look like a potato:D

I've had my Tour X for nearly five years, not because it's looks cool etc, but because the peak keeps the sun out of my eyes, I can remove the visor and wear googles, if I'm struggling off road I can still breath with the bigger chin space.

So whilst LWR may since have imortalised the Tour X, it's still a great helmet and I can live with the leaking:thumb

mmmmm....

Do I detect a sense of self-consciousness Tim......:D
Peak? don't need it- silver duck tape works just as well- and you do away with the vibrations it causes.
Ventilation?- spot on - Tested in hellish dust, heat, torrential rains and bright sun all the way to Mali and back:thumb2
You can dismantle the visor etc (if you must) for goggles and you don't have to put up with leaks or fogging!
So rather look like a potato than an absolute tosser !!! :D :duck: heehhehehehe (nothing implied naturally;) )

Ok, if you'd rather......

Attachments

• smash.jpg
    smash.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 117
About 6 years ago I bought a Lazer Revolution. I'm now on my second one, not that there is much wrong with my first one, but I replace my lids every 5 years regardless. Double glazed visor (almost impossible to mist up), built in tinted visor, flip front, and excellent ventilation. The visor lasts for at least 5 years as it doesn't scratch much. Costs £150.

About the only complaints I have are that the sunvisor mists up as it's not in between the inner and outer visor, in the rain the water tracks along the vinyl bit under yer chin so you end up with a soggy chin, and it isn't the quietest lid I've ever owned. (Come back Everoak, please!)

For really wet conditions there is a mask that clips in as well but I've never used this as it's uncomfortable. Never really needed it either.

It gets daily use in all weathers as I commute from Wickford to Docklands.

All in all it's a great lid and if they are still around in 4 years time I'll be buying yet another one.

George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK
http://www.gtr1000.com

Ok, just to throw another option in...
I recently tried my Arai MX helmet, with a cut down fog mask and Progrip goggles with double glazed reactolite lens.
Rode down to "The tough one" in low early morning sun, and back in early evening persistant rain.
No more noisy than my normal Arai, the fog mask covered up the bottom half of my face against stinging rain, the peak was great against the sun, and the goggles do not mist up (ever!)
The MX peak doesn't vibrate at speed either, which I believe can be a problem with the Tour-X .
Just if anyone was interested.
Mark

Got that:mad:

The visor leaks, water gathers in the v-shape at the top and leaks past the seal. Next, if you go above about 45-50mph in heavy rain with the chin vent open water sprays up inside the helmet all over the inside of the visor.

The pinlock does stop misting though.

I'll use it for a few years but wouldn't buy another.

Back
Top Bottom