Head guards Available for 1100/1150

Sand cast for the first set in the pictures - Then if they're all ok, they'll make a mould so they can run them off in batches.

Pointless starting with a mould if there are faults, or they need minor adjustments .

Even for prototype parts they look really good, I see stuff a work we pay premium prices for that you wouldn't try to sell as scrap!

:thumb2

Must admit they would make maintenance easier than the HB bars, I've got.

Code:
Sand cast for the first set in the pictures - Then if they're all ok, they'll make a mould so they can run them off in batches.

Err, that's what normally happens. Make a wooden pattern, chuck the sand in, tamp it down, etc. Put the halves together, pour the ally, let it cool, bash the sand off.

Sorry, nitpicking is my middle name, that what you get for working in the Quality Dept. of an engineering company. Just thought I'd explain the basics.

Spent part of last week, sorting through a pile of wooden patterns trying to match up the parts. Quite hard, when the parts appear to be inside out in some instances.

A note of caution if you decide to sell them unfinished, I.E. bare ally, they may be prone to the powdering effect when corrosion sets in, unless laquered. You know what a load of whinging bastards us GSers are Neil, you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot, and have people moaning about the finish?

So come on Steptoe, answer me questions, what makes the black ones black, and will they fit me 'S' ?

So come on Steptoe, answer me questions, what makes the black ones black, and will they fit me 'S' ?

Paint - I can send them all out in natural finish, and people can paint them any colour they want.

They'l fir the "S", if the "S" has the same mounting holes/points in the cylinder heads.

I haven't got an S here to look at.

Are you going to have a small inset lozenge on each guard saying "STEPTOE" or is that taking the homage to Stanton a bit too far? :)

Paint - I can send them all out in natural finish, and people can paint them any colour they want.

They'l fir the "S", if the "S" has the same mounting holes/points in the cylinder heads.

I haven't got an S here to look at.

Well make that a definite order for one pair in natural finish, my 'S' needs a good 'fir'ing.

But you said that they would 'fir' the 'S' :thedummy
You never said anything about extra cost :eek:

I know that the Stantons were originally a mild alluminium and they later ran them in a harder or hardened/tempered version ... one of the best mods I had on my 1150 ... was dropped plenty hard and all I had to do was take them off, fill scratches with body filler, sand down and repaint with rattle can and always looked new again. Now for the 1200 - that is really what we need!:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom