Darien or alternate over-trousers

(RIP) Perryhill

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got loads of jackets that work so have gone off the idea of a one piece suit but would really like a pair of overtrousers that are ever so easy to get on and off in the car park.

Are there any others than the Darien that are fully zipped down the side, or am I restricted to Aerostich and the vaguaries of the HMC&E? I think Fieldsheer do some but no-one seems to know/stock them

get over HMC&E by having it sent from aerostich to a friend in the us and them send it to you as a present in "ordinary" packaging

you can't beat the darien trousers. have mine now 8 years and only replaced one zip $4.00 from aerostich and got a local to put it in.

Have to agree - Darien are tremendous. Easy to get on and off and used for over 100,000 miles without any problems.

I have Roadcrafter trousers ....................whats the difference between them and the Darien?
Looks like the Darien then, but as well as the Darien the Aerostich site now appears to offer an AD1 pant which looks a slightly better spec but is cheaper - any thoughts? Only justification for lower price I can see it that they are 'Imported' - and you know how patriotic the sceptics are ....

Question 2 - Do you need to make allowance in size for wearing over city clothes i.e do I need to order a 36 to go over 34 trousers or is a 34 made with that in mind?
Ta
Neville

SIzing

I bought my pants used off a guy from the pipe and slippers club.

I believe that if you speak to Stich' directly and provide your measurements that they make the necessary allowances for wearing over clothing as that is how they are designed to be worn.

Back
Top Bottom