zumo 550

twintrees

Reaction score
Hi, need sat nav, thinking of zumo 550, can anyone out there offer advice on costs, retailers, fitting and if its any good and what else i need to know for it to work well in helmet, should i be thinking of helmet with blue tooth, dont really understand it all so thanks in advance.

Twintrees

Hi Twin cant help where to get one from as I would not recommend the site I got mine from,,,,MCN.

Been using mine daily to listen to MP3 and use the Phone,,,,its brilliant.
I have a sony ericsson K800i phone and a Scala blue tooth headset.
All works great together.
I have mine mounted on the bars with the stock mount and I love it. No leaning over to the screen to answer a call like you do with a Migsel mount.
Its all at your finger tips.
Highly Recommended,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IMHO

:thumb

Thanks, whats the stock mount? its going to go on gs1200r, as for the scala, where did you buy that?

cheers twintrees

Sorry for being thick but do i need autocom and does it intergrate ok with bluetooth.

Micktabs, thanks for link, you must be local to me, i'm in stagsden, between bedford and MK,

Cheers Twintrees

I got minr from a place near Aylesbury but go on line and get it for £20 cheaper,,,IE £80.

I dont have autocom or any other set up, Just zumo-phone-scala on lid.

Mine is on 1200GS (2006)

I got mine from Motorrad concepts

http://www.motorradconcepts.com/eshop/gps-mounts/garmin-for-bmw/bmw-r1200gs-gps-iv-mount-for-garmin/

I also got their mount for the GS which is a fine peice of engineering, they also modified the power cable so it fits the GS power socket for the GPS.

They also matched the cheapest price I found on the Internet for the zumo 550.
Service was first rate and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I can't comment on either in practice as my GS is not due to arrive until the end of March.

As for getting audio and microphone connected to the the zumo from your helmet. I have gone for the Starcom1 SH-550 product which is basically just a startcom1 full lid mic and headphones with a cable that then connects to the zumo £40 ish. I didn't want bluetooth because of audio quality for the music and because they run out of battery power at inconvenient times.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Which GPS?

I read Twintrees entry re: Zumo 550 - really useful.

I am looking for a System for my 1200GS.
I am thinking Zumo550 - phone- Scala Bluetooth Headset into my Arai TourX.

The only thing I am not quite so sure about is which bracket to fit. Handle Bar mounted or above the instruments.Can anyone advise me.
Thanks

I'm a Zumo newbie

I have Dianese lids with built in bluetooth - brilliant for rider/pillion chat. But can I get the lid to pair up to the Zumo 'properly' with good volume - no I can not.
I have tried a bluetooth headset, costing £5 - volume still rubbish. I have a earpiece that cost £2.50 with a jack of 3.5mm and the volume is getting better. I have sent off for a Sennheiser CX300 headset that I saw recommended on one the the forums that has background noise reduction. I am hoping that this will work with the Zumo mount and that we can then use the lids to chat.

(This isn't in the manual from what I can see - use a bluetooth headset and adjust the volume you see a picture of a headset, use an audio jack in the mount and you can see a nice scale of volume level.)

Maplins in Brighton selling them for £349 yesterday.

That's a Street Pilot C550 at Maplins, not a Zumo.
Even when I trawled Tottenham Court Road none of the electrical shops would drop to the internet price of around £485.

Back
Top Bottom