Fork seal fitting

If you send me your email address (karstp aatt hotmail) I can send you a PDF of Steptoe's instructions with pictures. I PDF all interesting articles as they come along for future reference and this was certainly a keeper.

KP

Hi Khpossum,would you or anyone have the PDF instructions available to send on to me,need to change fork seals next week but cant see the pics on the OP

Dang!

I forgot about this method. Just swapped the lhs stanchion and seal on Rockster4 today.

Has to be said, dropping the wheel and pulling the leg out in one piece isn't much of a hardship

Is there any chance of having the photos put back in the first post, please? Thanks.
Has the (image hosting) site been hacked in some way?
0a30d7605187baee8bdb55f4527e77fa.jpg

Is there any chance of having the photos put back in the first post, please? Thanks.
Has the (image hosting) site been hacked in some way?
0a30d7605187baee8bdb55f4527e77fa.jpg

The original post was 2007, it's highly likely that the web-address used for the photos has been altered over time (nothing lasts forever, especially on the internet).

The hosting site (imageshack) are likely returning the 'no war' graphic for any web-request they receive that can't be fulfilled correctly.

So: it's unlikely they've been 'hacked', it's just that the images were originally posted so long ago they are no longer accessible at the original addresses for them and this is what we get instead of a 'Sorry, we couldn't find that image' message. (Hope that makes sense).

Once I'd read it through and started I didn't actually need the photos. However, I did follow the link in Hops' post above and there are photos there. Very easy indeed, I wish all my previous bikes had been so straight forward.

Back
Top Bottom