OK who amongst us lives on the Isle of Wight?

I'm in...

So its:

Petrol Head
Gavin
Chris
Island Ranger (is that you Ben?)
Crazy Horse

Sounds like the Magnificent 7 - only need two more before we can defend Wroxall from marauding bandits...

Anyone suggested a date and tine for the ride of the "Magnificent 7" - or is it the "Dirty half dozen"?

I guess it must do - but the really important bit is that you are ok.

You going to fix the bike yourself or take it to a dealer?

Glad you're alright Gavin - and sorry for your trouble. What happened?

Sorry couldn't make it but it was too short notice for me - took my son to a Hampshire rugby festival.

Bugger - looks like I've missed all the fun and games. Wasn't on line last week as only have internet access at work and that was down at the end of the week.

So what happened to Gavin?

Bike Awareness ride on Saturday 17th March. Don't any of you read the County Press?

Meeting at Blackgang view point 12 am, riding to Yarmouth along Military road, Forest Road to Newport, Arreton ending about 1.15 pm at the Old smithy car park, Godshill.

The whole event is to raise bike awareness after that accident at the Fighting Cocks that killed Malcolm(?)

Bike Awareness ride on Saturday 17th March. Don't any of you read the County Press?

Meeting at Blackgang view point 12 am, riding to Yarmouth along Military road, Forest Road to Newport, Arreton ending about 1.15 pm at the Old smithy car park, Godshill.

The whole event is to raise bike awareness after that accident at the Fighting Cocks that killed Malcolm(?)

Sorry didnt read County Press and will unfortunately be unable to attend. Couldn't come on Sunday as was watching England trounce the Frogs

Sorry didnt read County Press and will unfortunately be unable to attend. Couldn't come on Sunday as was watching England trounce the Frogs

The 17th March is St Paddy's day. I might be involved elsewhere. Sorry, Island Ranger, I didn't mean to remind you of what must have been a painful experience a couple of weeks ago - now, who got trounced? :aidan :clap

Hope you are ok Gavin and your bike - Crazy Horse it is me hope the rugby went well for your boy

The 17th March is St Paddy's day. I might be involved elsewhere. Sorry, Island Ranger, I didn't mean to remind you of what must have been a painful experience a couple of weeks ago - now, who got trounced? :aidan :clap

No I quenched my terrible thirst on the black stuff! Italy should be interesting for you - up the salami

Oi.......nipper,
I live on the Island also. Newport, not to far from Gavin.
And my feet aint webbed.
Yes would like a gathering of the caukheads.
But cant do the ride on Sat, so maybe another time. Someone will have 2 sort it, before all them overners start coming over and taking up our "diferent" roads.
They meet up at Shanklin seafront on Sundays still and soon, when the suns sits higher they meet up same place but on a Wednesday eve from April i beleive.
Take care all and see you in the daily "car park" that is know as Coppins Bridge maybe:spitfire

Chris, sorry i've not been on the site for a while, but i've been a bit busy trying to sort the bike out, like you wouldn't believe the grief i'm getting. Car drivers insurance phones me up to say that they accept liability, they will arrange for repairs, and ask if i want an engineer to inspect it at my place or at the repairers. It's at this point that things start going pear shaped, the insurers approved repairer is a Suzuki dealer!!!, no thanks, i said. Now, you might think that as i'm insured with Bmw Motorrad Insurance, i'll get them to sort it out, i pay the excess, and claim it back, easy eh?, not quite that simple, Bmw's insurance is the same as the third party's:eek:. So, i'm going to get CW(Dorchester) to pick the bike up, and get it looked at before my insurance can turn it into a DL1000 V-STROM!

Gavin

Well I am well impressed that the car insurers responded so positively and so quickly. But like you I get confused at the Suzuki link - daft or what?

I assume CW will have to submit a proposal/bid to the insurance company and they then clear it and assuming all ok CW do the work - a lot of time I guess - but it that the theory?

While the V-STROM is not really my cup of tea it does seem to be rated fairly well in the magazines - could be worse could be a HONDA dealer!

When you are fixed up we will have to go for a proper ride!

Back
Top Bottom