ROAD tyres for a GS1200

I just run Tourance's front and back on the 1150 Adv and they work, end of subject. I guess around 8/9k (miles) is what I get on a mix of everything including a lot of two up European touring.

The best Tyre by far..

So 2006 -
Michelin won -
Moto GP
British Superbikes
Formula 1
Dakar
Le Man 24
World Rally Championship
etc. etc. + + etc.
:thumb
They make bloody good tyres..

Re: Pilot Road 2, Independent test went as follows -

Longest Mileage
1st Michelin Pilot Road 2
2nd= Bridgestone BT-020
2nd= Dunlop D220ST
4th Pirelli Diablo Strada
5th= Bridgestone BT-021
5th= Metzler Roadtec Z6
5th= Continental Road Attack

Best wet grip
1st Michelin Pilot Road 2
2nd Pirelli Diablo Strada
3rd Metzler Roadtec Z6
4th Continental Road Attack
5th Dunlop D220 ST
6th Bridgestone BT-021
7th Bridgestone BT-020

:thumb2 :thumb

No Tourances

How could BMW have made such a dreadful error in specifying Tourances for the 1200GS when they don't figure anywhere in your league table!!!!! And how stupid we are not to be able to notice - we will never win any races on our poorly equipped machines!

So 2006 -
Michelin won -
Moto GP
British Superbikes
Formula 1
Dakar
Le Man 24
World Rally Championship
etc. etc. + + etc.
They make bloody good tyres..

Shame they have such crap customer care when there are problems with their products.

you shouldn't base your decision on tyre tests - it's too subjective. I prefer the BT20 to the Pilot Road. Better grip/ feedback IMO. The only way to decide it to try for yourself.

As the question was regarding the differences in 100% ROAD tyres and NOT dual purpose tyres, tourances don't figure! :blast Also it is not MY league table, it is the European Mototorcycle Independent Testing league table - so put your dummy back in..

Pilot Road 2 (along with Pilot Power) uses 2CT - two compound technology - which uses softer rubber on the shoulders for better grip and harder rubber in the centre for better mileage, the other tyres don't use 2CT which gives the Pilot Road 2 a huge advantage...

However I do agree that Tourances are an excellent (dual purpose) tyre.

Michelin Anakee is BMW O/E homologated and along with Tourances now share the Original Equipment specification. :D

Pilot Road 2 (along with Pilot Power) uses 2CT - two compound technology - which uses softer rubber on the shoulders for better grip and harder rubber in the centre for better mileage, the other tyres don't use 2CT which gives the Pilot Road 2 a huge advantage...

Don't the 020's use a similar dual compound for increased life :nenau

Do you work for Michelin?

Andres

No.. Bridgestone use a Silica compound for the 020's and they are designed with CTDM technology which is a tyre designing computer which automatically optimizes tyre design to achieve the required performance condition.

No.. Bridgestone use a Silica compound for the 020's and they are designed with CTDM technology which is a tyre designing computer which automatically optimizes tyre design to achieve the required performance condition.

Do they still use paper, a pencil, compass and abacus at Michelin then?

"However I do agree that Tourances are an excellent (dual purpose) tyre." Good - and the 1200GS (we are on the right site?) is an excellent dual purpose bike. QED

Gavin, erm.. since 2004, a single supplier regime has been enforced on all teams..in WSB
So not since before erm 2004 have they won that one..

"However I do agree that Tourances are an excellent (dual purpose) tyre." Good - and the 1200GS (we are on the right site?) is an excellent dual purpose bike. QED

As the original question was ...

"What 100% road biased tyres are available for the GS12?
..or more to the point what's recommended?"

The answer I gave was Pilot ROAD as (funnily enough) they are erm.. 100% road biased tyres unlike say Tourances or Anakee's..

As the original question was ...

"What 100% road biased tyres are available for the GS12?
..or more to the point what's recommended?"

The answer I gave was Pilot ROAD as (funnily enough) they are erm.. 100% road biased tyres unlike say Tourances or Anakee's..

As the original poster, ...thanks a lot for all your replies.

We can move on to more important matters now. :augie

I had Avon Distanzia tyres on my 1100GS I used to get 9000 miles on the rear tyre and 11,500 on the front. Good grip in all weathers and long lasting and stable cornering. When my Tourances wear out on my 1200Adventure I shall replace them with the Avons. Top tip for Hampshire bikers try Micheldever Tyres, very good service and competitve prices.:clap

Don't the 020's use a similar dual compound for increased life :nenau

Do you work for Michelin?

Andres

Browsing for info for some new tyres, and pausing to resurrect an old thread...

I'd guess that, with a profile stating that he's a tyre manufacturer and with a username of bibendum that there's a fairly high chance that he works for Michelin :thumb

Today had an avon ST Storm for the rear and an Avon Azzaro fitted to the front for £146.

Will report back later on how they feel and in a couple of weeks when I get back from Spain as to how they ware.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom