w@nker

For the record I am a serving Garda.[/QUOTE]

I am absolutely shocked. I had no idea johnny pan you were that way inclined.

Phoenix park fiasco

Dakarman here.

Had to post a few details after reading some of the speculation.

First of all - hands up re the UK plates - I'd let it go on for about six months. I brought in a car recently and paid a huge VRT cheque and just didnt have the stomach to pay them another one for the DAKAR.

Johnny Pan if this entitles your fellow member of "the force" to treat me like scum then Im living in the wrong country. There is no doubt in my mind that he was overzealous and heavy handed in this instance.

I was heading for town between the last roundabout and the bottom gate of the phoenix park, the approx 500M section of road has a middle verge which has lines painted on it. This is about 3 metres wide separating the lanes.

The traffic backs up from the bottom gates to the last roundabout in the mornings. I was filtering(fairly slowly) in this verge - like every biker does every day.
The traffic guard comes up behind me with lights flashing and pulled me in - I immediately whipped off the helmet to try show some bit of respect (as opposed to out of respect :) )
First of all he proceeded to accuse me of driving on the "other" side of the road. I immediately apologised - denying nor admitting anything.

I said Id the bike a week and just didnt have time to bring it in yet. He said I "just didnt bother my arse" and that he was impounding it regardless.
The pound was round the corner. While there he said he knew I didnt have a license or insurance - and when I said Id the full he said "Where'd ya get it - a lucky bag ?" - a very original quip I thought. Re the insurance he proceeded to tell me that you cant insure an English reg. in Ireland. I said my insurer was Carole nash and Id bring it in to him whenever he wanted - politely - as I still hoped for no points.

He then said he was doing me for driving without due care - 120 yoyo and two points and I'd to walk from there to hatch street fully decked out.

After this I asked him for a something to cover the bike as they just leave them in the rain - half of them laying on the ground. He sneered and walked off for what I thing by the look of him was his morning ration of sausage rolls.

IMHO if he had made me produce the paddy plates and all docs in three days he would have been doing his job fairly well. Ive been stopped a few other times on the same route - once for filtering - twice for tax (on previous bike) - and found the fuzz to be just doing their job. I had my docs and was told just to "watch it" as regards the filtering.

Incidentally the bike is now bearing pristine 05-D plate and I'm 600 euro lighter.

The conclusion to this lengthy post is that - this guards demeanour, attitude, actions, shape and even the look on his scrunched up little face qualify him as a grade a, salami slapping w*nker of the highest order.

Hello.

Hi Culprit, welcome to the forum, great to finally hear the full story
you obviously met a gem there. Based on your story he does deserve
the title. I hope nothing bad happens to him for the way he treats
people.
I think the worst thing he did is to taint the perception we have of the
force, I do believe he is not representative of the rest of the profession
but he's done his bit to help reinforce that view.

How about getting onto the Garda Complaints Dept/Bureau ? :nenau

Any welcome :thumb2

Hi Culprit, welcome to the forum. There's good and bad in all walks of life as we all are well aware. Its great to have the choice in life to be able to walk away from some of the baddies we meet, unfortunately under the circumstances you didn't have that choice this time but from your story it seems that you behaved admirably. It's unfortunate that this Garda acted like an asshole. His behaviour does absolutely nothing for the reputation of a force that needs all the help it can get in the public relations dept.

If I were in your shoes I would already have lodged a complaint. Please let us know if you decide to bring it any further.

Abyss

Cheers Daithi,
By all accounts said quango is a black hole for complaints.

Welcome

Rupclit
sorry Culprit
Welcome aboard
Sounds like you got a bad un
Consider a complaint
But you won't get any open admission that the officer suffered an excess of zeal
But they might have a quiet grunt with him off the record and he might modulate his zeal

After this I asked him for a something to cover the bike as they just leave them in the rain - half of them laying on the ground.

I cant comment on the guards attitude as I like others were not there, but I can comment on the pound. Half the bikes lying on the ground is not a fair comment here. Most of the piles of shite that are in the pound are on side stands. Yes there are bikes on the ground but they are crashed or thrashed bikes. I only looked at this motley collection last week thats why I know. There is nothing in the pound that any of you would ride or be seen next to ! Lots of wrecked scooters that were seized due to no insurance etc etc and a blade that may be worth something. On the other hand there was a 330i BMW ACSnitzer brought in while I was there....... funny enough the driver was also from Donegal same as "The Culprit". He too had a long walk after admitting that he owned the car in the republic for a year.

Ok - Luke Scott - I didnt count the bikes to make sure that 50% of them were on the ground but a large number were - the rest were happily rusting away in an open space. No place to leave anything half way decent for any amount of time.
re your Donegal comment -
Might you be suggesting we are a county of chancers ?
The reason that loads of vehicles in DL have UK plates is due to its NI proximity there are so many vehicles with UK plates on the roads they dont stand out like they do elsewhere - hence its easier to get away with - not some inherent cowboy nature.

The reason that loads of vehicles in DL have UK plates is due to its NI proximity there are so many vehicles with UK plates on the roads they dont stand out like they do elsewhere - hence its easier to get away with - not some inherent cowboy nature.

F.F.S.
Dont waste your Time tryin to explain the Actions of My County men
to him. Thats Mr Text Book Scoot , dont you Know !.

This is the Very same boyo that helped the reputation of an established
purveyer of Motorcycles in Jacksville.
And "Yes" the very same , that the helpful Garda , drove from the
city center to his place to get his Helmet , and yes
you guessed it , hes the one from the "Socio economic Grouping"
Fiasco ,,,
For which i may ADD he STILL HAS NOT APOLIGISED
Or Had the Balls To explain.

F.F.S.
Dont waste your Time tryin to explain the Actions of My County men
to him. Thats Mr Text Book Scoot , dont you Know !.

This is the Very same boyo that helped the reputation of an established
purveyer of Motorcycles in Jacksville.
And "Yes" the very same , that the helpful Garda , drove from the
city center to his place to get his Helmet , and yes
you guessed it , hes the one from the "Socio economic Grouping"
Fiasco ,,,
For which i may ADD he STILL HAS NOT APOLIGISED
Or Had the Balls To explain.

For the benefit of us foreigners.:aidan
Any chance of this being translated into English????:mmmm :rolleyes: :D :augie

:rolleyes:

You're as bad as me sometimes you are :augie

wooden_spoons_lg.jpg

Foreign to me

Hell I'm Irish and am a bit lost on this.
I do smell bad blood though.
Lads life is short.
Don't waste good emotional energy squabbling.
Those who throw dirt are already loosing ground.
:potkettle

I only sign on here for the craic.
I get enough shit at work.
:hug

No place to leave anything half way decent for any amount of time.

Welcome to the forum. You may find it a bumpy ride if you dont lighten up :augie . On the storage issue you will find that the state dont give a toss if your bike is out in the rain. You didn't pay the vrt & they were punishing you... not minding and valeting the bike :p . On the second comment about a county of chancers.... now let me think :aidan :aidan :aidan :aidan

I spose in a Nuty shell , i think he {Afore mentioned Gent } is a Bollocks.

A complete bollocks
or a bit of a bollocks?

I note you regard him as a capital Bollocks
Is that cause he's from Dublin?

I thought that a Dub qualified as being a bollicks
assuming they embraced the other qualifying attributes

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom