or a bit of a bollocks?

I note you regard him as a capital Bollocks
Is that cause he's from Dublin?

I thought that a Dub qualified as being a bollicks
assuming they embraced the other qualifying attributes

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:D :D :D

Eating my own words!

Welcome, Culprit. Sorry to hear of your experience - being treated like that with no real comeback is hard to take. Your use of the Salami description had me laughing out loud - so thanks for that :D

Still, on the other hand, I did think of the Gard who was killed at the scene of an accident earlier this week and would want to acknowledge that side of the Traffic Cops job - attending the scene of a bad smash is tough and he certainly paid a price above and beyond the call of duty. Condolences to his family and that of the firefighter who also died. :(

Having commented on Motorcycle Gards not being very noddy/chatty at traffic lights, I pulled up next to a Garda Motorcycle Instructor on Tuesday (on a FJR1300 - no escape if he's on that :eek: ) He was extremely friendly and chatty and seemed to be someone you could have pulled over (in the non-technical sense ;) ) and had a good bike related chat with. So happy to eat my words - not for the first time :thumb2 Needless to say I was on my best behaviour as I pulled away from the lights - but only because I felt the critical eye of an expert :)

Cheers,

Psyko.

A complete bollocks
or a bit of a bollocks?

I note you regard him as a capital Bollocks
Is that cause he's from Dublin?

I thought that a Dub qualified as being a bollicks
assuming they embraced the other qualifying attributes

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Let me see if I've got this right.

A Dub could be a complete Bollicks or a bit of a Bollicks, or "Yur mon's a total Bollicks".

However, once into Kildare or anywhere outside of Dublin, there are only bollocks.

Is a Donegal "cute hoor" the same as a bollocks or is it a different species.

Let me see if I've got this right.

A Dub could be a complete Bollicks or a bit of a Bollicks, or "Yur mon's a total Bollicks".

However, once into Kildare or anywhere outside of Dublin, there are only bollocks.

Is a Donegal "cute hoor" the same as a bollocks or is it a different species.
Different 'Socio Economic Grouping' altogether :augie

I looked it up and Jockser is correct here, but there's a more detailed definition below:

"A cute hoor could be a bit of a bollix, a bollix or a copllete bollix
whereas a hoor would have to be at least a bollix or a complete bollix
and lastly, a complete bollix is the direct translation of a bollocks.
The above applies to some counties, but in a few the word bollix is
considered a compliment."
Copied and pasted from the Oxford English Dictionary.

This stuff makes quantum physics seem elementary; but then it is.
So far we've had a bollocks, bollicks and bollix capitalised and non capitalised; in addition the cute hoor has entered the mix. I suppone the langer is next.
I'm seriously confused and this all started with filtering.:eyesdown

A pure bollocks seems to have been missed out.
Also, "He is only a bollocks" or a class of a bollocks.

Langer - reminds me of the Roy Keane skit - Radio Roy!!!

I looked it up and Jockser is correct here, but there's a more detailed definition below:

"The above applies to some counties, but in a few the word bollix is
considered a compliment."

so now ya see the reason behind my self imposed description :green gri . its all in the spelling :angel

This stuff makes quantum physics seem elementary; but then it is.
So far we've had a bollocks, bollicks and bollix capitalized and non capitalized; in addition the cute hoor has entered the mix. I suppone the langer is next.
I'm seriously confused and this all started with filtering.:eyesdown

Ah now ya see, a langer by definition is a tosser, but a tosser is not necessarily a langer. :rob
And you can take that as gospel, it's written into the Charter of the Peoples Republic's . :augie

And where does the Buffo and Buffalo come into it, then? :nenau

(Midlanders will understand) :thumb

Dakarman here.

Johnny Pan if this entitles your fellow member of "the force" to treat me like scum then Im living in the wrong country. There is no doubt in my mind that he was overzealous and heavy handed in this instance.

The conclusion to this lengthy post is that - this guards demeanour, attitude, actions, shape and even the look on his scrunched up little face qualify him as a grade a, salami slapping w*nker of the highest order.

Hi Culprit.
Firstly I'd like to say that I dont believe any person has the right to treat anyone else like scum.
I regret your experience with the traffic guy was not a good one. There is no excuse for discourtesy and a lack of professionalism.
That said, I'll defend the right of any member of the Guards to do their job which is to enforce the laws of this country.
I can't help thinking while reading this thread that there's two sides to every story.
While I cannot apologise on behalf of the guy you had this experience with, I will if given the opportunity, be the first to put my hand in my pocket and buy you the beverage of your choice just to prove that you cannot tar all with the same brush.
J

Back
Top Bottom