Welsh border weekend

robbie c

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a camping weekend in the wye valley north of hereford

the camp site has good facilities and there is a pub just up the road.
although the pub doesn't do food the owner will knock up some basic grub if you let him know in advance

the location is about 35 miles from Rhayder and very close to the black mountains

canoeing and kayaking could be available

you can have camp fires and the site is on the bank of the river wye in a secluded location

any one have any ideas

this is nothing to do with any club and it might be a good idea to keep the numbers to about 20 although that isn't essential

Rob

Rob,

Sounds great but the problem is the calender. If you combine everything thats already arranged on both sites and announced there aren't many weekends free any more. Those that are free have something either side of them.

You could try a weekend in August as you aren't looking for many and the weather will be good. :thumb2

August ?

the good thing is that for the west mid rabble it's not very far.
it doesn't have to be many either so a few people, a few bikes, a ride out or short canoe trip, pub grub or cook our own, a few beers, the options are open and I think that there is a hotel just up the road aswell

I am open to suggestions

Rob

Thought it was a free world?? Some of us don't want to be tied to the major events so whats wrong with as many activities as possible on here? The more choice the better for all or is that the wrong attitude? 20 or so riders camping at their own free will cannot be that detrimental to the larger organised events. Good on you Rob. Get some dates on thread and let the people decide.

Thought it was a free world?? Some of us don't want to be tied to the major events so whats wrong with as many activities as possible on here? The more choice the better for all or is that the wrong attitude? 20 or so riders camping at their own free will cannot be that detrimental to the larger organised events. Good on you Rob. Get some dates on thread and let the people decide.

It is a free world, however how would you feel if you put a lot of time and effort into organising an event (not to mention your own money to establish it), advertised it well in advance, and then someone else on this board set up a competing event?:nenau

I know I was fairly hacked off when it happened to me :spitfire

It is a free world, however how would you feel if you put a lot of time and effort into organising an event (not to mention your own money to establish it), advertised it well in advance, and then someone else on this board set up a competing event?:nenau

Oh Jee's, here we go...:popcorn

I dont know what you mean....................:rolleyes:

:hide

:popcorn

Its not a competition, free choice is not a problem and I have also organised many events in the past and had no problems with other events etc clashing. There are major events on the board but why should that limit what people can do in their own time and of their own free will. If 20 or so other people not going to a major event decide to meet for whatever reason then that should be fine. Not a great believer in limiting choice myself. If you organise an event it is also YOUR choice to do so. Surely this is about bikes and riding and meeting people. Having that organised/restricted and packaged is not my idea of an open board such as this one.

No doubt the deluge will now begin but thats my personal oppinion and it will not be that of others.

Thats what i love about this forum.
The peace and harmony:D

I would be up for this. Is there a powerpoint for my tent , hairdryer etc? :ymca

Its not a competition, free choice is not a problem and I have also organised many events in the past and had no problems with other events etc clashing. There are major events on the board but why should that limit what people can do in their own time and of their own free will. If 20 or so other people not going to a major event decide to meet for whatever reason then that should be fine. Not a great believer in limiting choice myself. If you organise an event it is also YOUR choice to do so. Surely this is about bikes and riding and meeting people. Having that organised/restricted and packaged is not my idea of an open board such as this one.

No doubt the deluge will now begin but thats my personal oppinion and it will not be that of others.

Some very valid points there, and I have to admit I agree...:thumb2

I would be up for this. Is there a powerpoint for my tent , hairdryer etc?
Just have your hair done as normal and wear a hair net.....queen boy:steptoe

Sounds good to me - any opportunity to watch Jimbo try to put his tent up on his own is entertaining :D

Mav

PS: Keeping it simple is good thing :thumb2

dirtydog;918379Just have your hair done as normal and wear a hair net.....queen boy:steptoe[/QUOTE said:
Look here Beckham boy. Can't wear my hair net.
Mutley has borrowed it.:D

Would still be up for this weekend, be nice to get back to basics. All mod cons and entertainment laid on is nice but some of the best times come from just a group of people, a pub and too much time on there hands.

Maybe the organiser wants to attend the already-organised events?

Sounds good to me - any opportunity to watch Jimbo try to put his tent up on his own is entertaining :D

Mav

PS: Keeping it simple is good thing :thumb2

ah yes well I've solved that problem now... only use in the summer and don't bother with the outer sheet which doenst fit properly! and I thought karrimor were a quality outfit! :rolleyes:

but surely not as much fun as watching you on a 1200GS for the first time properly off road on the BM weekend up-and-coming!! :thumb2

Look here Beckham boy. Can't wear my hair net.
Mutley has borrowed it.:D

Would still be up for this weekend, be nice to get back to basics. All mod cons and entertainment laid on is nice but some of the best times come from just a group of people, a pub and too much time on there hands.

..and seeing which strange shirt you'll be wearing to keep the wolves (and dirtydog) at bay! :ymca

Now I have a bike, and a tent, and a sleeping bag and an Exped............I have no excuses really. :eek:

Oh dam ............nope sorry, cannot make, no stove yet:D

but surely not as much fun as watching you on a 1200GS for the first time properly off road on the BM weekend up-and-coming!! :thumb2

I'm hoping that by providing the entertainment I can get a discount :D

TBH, I had wondered about seeing if they have any of the new 650's... what are you riding? I'll drop you email about transport etc...

Mav

Now I have a bike, and a tent, and a sleeping bag and an Exped............I have no excuses really. :eek:

Oh dam ............nope sorry, cannot make, no stove yet:D

You don't need an excuse. Just be honest and say; "I don't fancy spending a weekend out in the sticks with a force of Ray mears wannabes"

Simple really, it just requires a little honesty and assertiveness...:thumb

BTW; I could always lend you my MSR Dragonfly stove...:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom