Zumo volume level

mandoonsouf

Reaction score
Took the Zumo out for a spin on the bike yesterday (1st time) - had the levels on the Zumo and the headset at full but could barely hear the navigation instructions - even parked up it doesn't seem to be very clear.

I did get the Q-Tips out just in case te old lugs were full.

The headset I have is a mono unit which is what I want - is it worth trying another unit or just rely on the display?

Do you know that there are 3 volume levels ?

Spanner - volume - lets you adjust Navigation and MP3 levels

Bottom left button then up (top left button) lets you set the master volume

Thanks - I'll have another go tomorrow. I had another look at the manual - the headset volume button seems to be redundant when paired to the Zumo, so will try the method you mention.

Bump - still trying

Had a look at the Zumo forum - quote "Pushed the lower left button, a scale appeared on the LCD. It was only 1/3rd up the scale. + button got it to the top."

When I do the same I see a picture of a headset (yellow) - is there a difference between what bluetooth and hardwired headsets see?

Zumo Volume Level

I have just taken my New Zumo 550 out on the bike for a spin, and I agree with Mandoonsouf, that the navigation instructions are just about readable when stationary or going very slowly, but at any speed, I can't hear a thing.

I have set the Navigation volume at 100% and using the bottom left button and the + button top left all the yellow bars are at maximum.

I am using a Maplin single piece headset, which worked fine on the 2720.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas to fix the problem, as it is virtually unusable in it's present state.

Cheers.

If you've the latest (3.1) software then I use the music player to 'max up the volume'

Let me know how you get on - I thought the same.....

Oh! and there's loads of 'volume' questions on the Zumo forum....

Zumo Volume

Thanks Slowdown for your reply.
Sorry to sound thick, but I'm not quite sure what you meant by using the music player to 'max up the volume'.

Can you send me a quick explanation. Cheers.

Volume OK now

Someone recommended Sennheiser CX300 Ear Canal Headphones - I can now see a volume 'scale' when adjusting and the level is just right (even on motorways).
I got them on Amazon for about £16 quid.

Sorry - for the slow reply - I'm suffering work hell in Norway...

In my experience (YMMV) I've found what with a bluetooth headset the master volume doesn't work. The Nav volume can be set to 100% but if the master volume is quiet then the headset volume is quiet.

So, the way around that I've found is:-

Open up the music player (next to Spanner) and play anything. Use the volume setting in the music player to turn up the volume to maximum. I then set my bluetooth headset (iTech Clip III) to max and it's just about loud enough so that with ear plugs in I can hear spoken directions.

Over 60mph I still hear the 'bongs' (Iv'e them turned on) but can't hear the spoken words.

Let me know if you need a clearer description - I'm a little rushed here waiting for the taxi.....

Zumo Volume

Thanks again Slowdown,

I'll give that a try. The Bluetooth seems to be the way to go.

Actually, I took the bike out again yesterday, having bought a new Maplin D-ring type single earpiece (£4.95) and a 3.5mm jack plug stereo to mono (£1.29), and that seems to have made a big difference already, for some reason or other.

I could hear the Nav. instructions when about to turn off the motorway slip road at 70mph with earplugs in. It still isn't as good as the 2720, but is certainly usable.

Maybe a bluetooth headset with the right settings will improve the volume further.

Good luck in Norway, I hear the roads are good.

Zumo Volume

Thanks Mandoonsouf,

I'll check out the Sennheiser headset from Amazon, as well.

Cheers

Good luck in Norway, I hear the roads are good.

Mmm - they've just missed the 'it's rained every day for...' record, which stands at 93 days. It's been raining for 89 days......

If you want to hit Newlands Corner over the weekend, I'll happily discuss all thinks GS and Zumo over a coffee :D PM me........

Many thanks for the offer, but am a bit tied up this weekend. Maybe another time. In the meantime I'll keep looking at the various options(Scala Rider and Senheiser CX300). Cheers

Back
Top Bottom