Zumo 550 or 2720.....I know

grez

Reaction score
I know this has been looked into before but I am now thoroughly confused. I have the choice of either a Zumo 550 or a 2720. I will be using it in the car and on the bike. I don't need postcode searches but they would be nice to have. Work is paying so price is not an issue, however ease of use and more importantly ease of reading the screen is. Any help, ideas, thoughts would be welcome from people who have used these units as it is my first gps. Many thanks.

I've had a SP3, 2610 and 2820 (although some have been BM badged items :eek: ) in that order. All are an improvement over the last with the jump from the SP3 to 2610 being the greatest IMHO. One point is that the 2820 supports the traffic master system ( and I know your talking about a 2720 but they seem to be about the same price) which is usefull if you're doing lots of miles around the motorways / big towns. Not used a Zumo but one of the things with it it seems to be quite a dumb gps in that you can't configure it to how you'd like it whereas the 2820 etc can be.

I'd say it's best to try and have a play with either if you can.

I will see if I can get to a shop to try them, essentially it is for going to Norway and for finding prospective demolition sites in the UK. Some have postcodes, some not, so I am not too worried if that function is not on there as long as it gives clear route instructions.

I had exactly the dilemma, Zumo or 2720:nenau
I went for the 2720. IMHO I made the right decision. Im over the moon with it:thumb

I have a remote antena, hardwired and a GPS visor, which does help with shading the screen. Ive also gone for the Motorradd concepts mount, that fits behind the speedo. A perfect set up for me.

Attachments

• Copy of Carde Idris 061.jpg
    Copy of Carde Idris 061.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 155

Back
Top Bottom