Panniers for GS1200 adventure

jimmystewpot

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am currently looking to purchase a 1200 adventure. I am investigating the pannier options and I have some questions which I am hoping to get some feedback on.
It seems as though the bmw parts are pretty popular with riders or at least that is the impression I get from talking to a few people. They seem to be fairly expensive and was wondering if they are any good or are there some good after market parts which offer similar size lockable water tight etc.

The second question has anyone gone on a long ride (5-6hours in a day) with a pillion and the BMW adventure panniers, is the pillion "comfortable" or do the panniers interfere with their lefts etc. I have seen this on previous bikes and any real world advice is really appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy.

I have metal mule and they are brill:thumb
Mrs has no problems with comfort restriction

Dearer than Beemer ones but better quality
47b6d807b3127cce8a25f291531a00000016100EbNXDVq3Ysa

I have the Beemer panniers and top box which seem good and strong but very wide !! In town I just use the top box .They do not seem as well built as the 1150GSA O/E alluminium boxes and some on here have had issues with corrosion ,so you have to clean them every now and then,especially if you go out on a salty road!:beer:

Hi There,

I am currently looking to purchase a 1200 adventure. I am investigating the pannier options and I have some questions which I am hoping to get some feedback on.

The second question has anyone gone on a long ride (5-6hours in a day) with a pillion and the BMW adventure panniers, is the pillion "comfortable" or do the panniers interfere with their lefts etc. I have seen this on previous bikes and any real world advice is really appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy.

No problems as far as passenger comfort. Obviously a little trickier to mount the bike.

Do a search - there are varied opinions on Metal Mules.
I'm happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom