Stupid Question!

Paul Crawford

Hi all

Killing time at work and thinking about getting back on my Adv for the ride home!

time for the stupid question.... i remember reading somewhere on one of the threads about being able to get a tank bag/ dog carrying system in order to allow the mutt to see what Mutts Nutts is really all about!!

Can anyone recall this, know where you can get a system like this made etc?

told you it was a stupid question - but my dog LOVES hanging his head out of the window watching the world go by when in the car, so i figure what the hell - see if he likes it on the bike.....

:confused:

Ahhhhhaa!

...... you've just given me the answer.

The larger tank on the Adventure is not for extended tank range, but to accomodate bigger dogs.... obvious really.

Might need a Touratech for my St.Bernard though......:confused:

Yorkie

Thanks for the reply. Do they have a website that you are aware of?

Hedgehog

How did you know that the design team for the Adv had dogs!! Is there any other reason to put such a large tank on the bike other than to make sure ones pooch travels in comfort and style!!

Cheers :beerjug:

Paul

Paul Crawford said:
Yorkie

Thanks for the reply. Do they have a website that you are aware of?

Hedgehog

How did you know that the design team for the Adv had dogs!! Is there any other reason to put such a large tank on the bike other than to make sure ones pooch travels in comfort and style!!

Cheers :beerjug:

Paul

Paul: Their telephone no. is:01745 338080. They will tell you where your nearest stockist is located. I have the tank cover (for an Adventure - 30 litre) and an Alpha bag which look good and seem well made (although early days yet).

Peter.

Thanx

Peter

Thanx for the phone number. i have tried to get into the website, but to no avail at the moment.

Will give them a call in the morning.

:beerjug:

Paul

MUTTS NUTS

The carrier you are after comes from those BAGLUX people of tank bag fame. They do a pet carrier that fits onto their standard harness/tank cover and will take a pooch up to terrier size. If you have a MASTIF or similar you need a van.??

mutts nutts

Andy & Steve

spoke to Baglux this afternoon. They have recently added a tank cover/harness to their range for the Adv 30l tank. Looking at the website, seems like a good deal for 75 notes so placed an order directly.

What system would be the best to go for - Alpha range tank bag?

they do make the carrier for the pooch - shame my hairy child is a collie and weighs in slightly more than the 10 kilos they recommend. Time for him to go on a diet!!

I could never see me riding a Goldwing (the GS is heavy enough)and i would hate to drop one of THOSE off road!!

:D

Paul

TANK BAGS

I have the City bag on the GS on their colour coded blue and white tank cover. The bag is only 8.5 litres but takes all I need in front of me on a journey. Phone, sunglasses and goretex top and bottoms as well as a load of little bits of no real importance.

ANDY

I have an Omega Tank bag, for a detailed review see my post in the 'Tank Bag' Thread in the 'Technical' Forum.

Baglux tankbag

I have the Alpha bag with the Baglux tankcover on my 30 litre Adventure. The Alpha is large enough for general use but not too large when full to interfere with the pilot. I keep mine on all the time.

Peter.

Back
Top Bottom