Power socket

Keith Chapman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Where can I get plugs to fit the power socket above the starter motor? The socket is smaller than the standard car cigar socket. So my GPS power lead wont fit. I need a plug to fit so I can make an adaptor.
Have any of you guys any ideas?

Keith,

Go to your local John Deere (the green tractors) garage and tell them you want a male auxillary power socket plug for a 50 series tractor, they're about £3. You can even get them with a 90 degree bend on them :)

Click here to find a dealer near you

Paul G said:
Keith,

Go to your local John Deere (the green tractors) garage and tell them you want a male auxillary power socket plug for a 50 series tractor, there about £3. You can even get them with a 90 degree bend on them :)

And if you can't find one of them then any BMW parts supplier, off the top of my head, Motoworks, Motobins, Bracken, Sherlocks oh and er BMW n'est pas? Just expect to pay a couple of quid more that the tractor outfit - (a steal if ever there was!)

BA Stores (Broomhill Agricultural) do the plugs, sockets and the 90 deg bends just outside Dunecht, Aberdeenshire. Socket would be handy to take your power point up to the front end.
RB

Male Plug

Someone earlier had the John Deere part number for this Plug.
If possible could you stick the part number on here, as my local JD dealer cannot find the part number. Just out of interest they do sell the aux socket for £7.50 half the price of motobins

Gazza,

I believe the part numbers are:

Male Plug RE11344
Female Socket MG82002966 or AL25073

Cheers

MikeO:beerjug:

Hi all,

Just a thought, I wanted a standard power socket for my GPS up under the dash. I went to a marine supply store and puchased a stainless steel socket with weather cover for $5, which I wired directly to the battery (with a fused positive lead, of course). I mounted it to the bolt which is near the headlight adjustment knob, tucked out of harm's way but easily deployed.

Very useful for plugging in the miniature air compressor I carry about (handy to air up after dropping tire pressures for off roading).

Cheers,

Mark

Power Socket

Keith.

Any caravan accessory supplier or auto electrician should have the necessary parts, make by Lucas.
Can't find the paper with the part nos on it 'tho, sorry.
They're only a couple of quid.

HTH

Ron

Re: Power Socket

Bumble Bee said:
Keith.

Any caravan accessory supplier or auto electrician should have the necessary parts, make by Lucas.
Can't find the paper with the part nos on it 'tho, sorry.
They're only a couple of quid.

HTH

Ron

These plugs/sockets are known as DIN ISO 4165. You can buy them from RS Components.
C266024-01.jpg

You can get them over the phone with a card and they'll post it to you.

The advantage of the plugs they sell is that they will also fit a cigarette lighter if you remove the red ring.

Check out www.farnell.co.uk. They have the DIN plug (Part No 658674) at £1.36, an unfused DIN/Cigarette lighter plug (Part No 658364) at £2.62 and a fused DIN/Cigarette lighter plug (Part No 658376) at £2.78

Best

Greg Masters
London

Back
Top Bottom