Heel & Toe Gear Change

keith. C

Anyone ever considered fitting heel & Toe gearchange to a GS
I've been riding one of the new BMW Cruisers earlier this year and the gearchange was so smooth & easy especially as I have a huge bunion on my left foot which starts to ache on long journeys with constant gearchanges / I guess the purist will perhaps want me burnt at the stake for suggesting it but has anyone also tried Tiptronic gearchange. I once saw it on a bike which had been modified for a disabled biker and I was very impressed with its operation.

keith. C said:
Anyone ever considered fitting heel & Toe gearchange to a GS

Nope :)

As to Tiptronic, never used it on a bike, but the wifey wont drive a manual, and after a couple of years of me begging for a tiptronic box on her next car, I have just settled for another non-tiptronic Scooby. Personally, a traditional Auto (once you have learnt to drive one) with the 3-2-1 positions (assuming a four speed box) is actually better than a tippy on all but the shortest of trips (ie a test drive.) IMHO

I am using a quickshifter on a different bike now and these once set up are great !!!!
No need to use a clutch at all
just a press of the lever and in she pops !!!!:D

There is a company here that sells a remote gearshifter and I have heard its pretty good.
Its button operated to change up and down with ease, but it can again take a while to set up properly.

Back
Top Bottom