GIVI MAXIA 52 ON GS'03

slider

I WANT TO INSTALL A GIVI MAXIA 52 ON MY GS BUT I HEARD SOME "STRANGE" STORIES ABOUT SUB-FRAMES AND LUGGAGE HOLDERS CRACKING.ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW ANYTHING OR EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
:confused:

GIVI

I heard the same but apparently it is crap. Buy the specific fitting plate (E189) and it fits great. The kit has two reinforcing pieces that are attached to the rear pannier rail mounts that support the rear of the carrier frame. Mine works fine.;)

Also it fits whether you have pannier rails fitted or not.

I have a 45l Givi on the GS and have had no problems, yes it weaves a bit above 90-100 on the autoroutes but.....
As far as loads go we only ever put the mrs' clothes in it, in a natty GIVI holdall that is well worth buying. Top bit of kit, the weight they quote is something ridiculous like 5kg but we've had a fair bit more in. You'll know just by the 'wobble' if you have too much in it. Fits two lids as well.

I fitted an old E45 a week or so after getting the GS, and have used it for different trips and to work and have had no problems.

The plates that fit on the rear pannier mount are there to take some of the load and also to provide a place for the nolts to hold the plastic rack on as the box is way bigger than the std titchy rack..... I bought the Kappa version of the E189 and the plate that slots into the rack looks alright when the box is off.

I have carried some quite heavy stuff without any fuss....

I have a Givi 52l box on my 02 GS. Fitted using the E189 plate. Done 10k with it, often stuffed full. Absolutely no problems.

Carl

Not strictly true.......

I actually bought my adaptor plate 2nd hand from a list member whose GS had suffered from a broken rack due to over filling his top box. One look from the side shows just how much it overhangs andone can only imagine how much strain it puts on the alloy rack. I believe Touratech or Wunderlich sell some rack stiffeners to cure this problem.

I don't put anything heavy in my top box and its still okay.

HAve Fun

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom