Ortlieb bags?

darren

Anyone know where I can buy an Ortlieb bag or something similar for my trip next Tuesday, to Greece? Are Ortlieb the best? I'm thinking of the 22ltr size but Gearzone seemed to be the cheapest online and only had stock of 33ltr. Is this too big for a bike. Help!

Darren,

Gear Zone (just click the link at the top of the page).

22 litre is very small. The 59 litre is only just over 3ft long, and about a foot in diameter. Just right.

I think Hein Gericke stock them as well.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I'm off to Liverpool from Leeds tomorrow...Isn't Hein Gericke out that way? Address anyone?

Darren,
I bought an Ortlieb bag yesterday at Beaulieu - looks to be top quality kit and there are many different types/sizes available. Don't forget that if you buy a bigger bag, you can roll it down to make it shorter. You will need to check the diameter though.
Traveldri are at 01647 24523, or e-mail at traveldri-plus@success4business.com.
Here's the Ortlieb bit of their price list I picked up (they also have really nice [if expensive] sleeping bags and other stuff).

darren said:
I'm off to Liverpool from Leeds tomorrow...Isn't Hein Gericke out that way? Address anyone?

There's one at Chester:

62/66 Boughton
Chester
CH3 5AG
Tel.: (01244) 32 25 55

Manchester:

209 Bury New Road
Manchester
M8 8DU
Tel: (0161) 792 9604

Bradford:

81-83 Westgate
Bradford
BD1 2RD
Tel: (01274) 732437

York:

35 Blossom Street
York
YO24 1AQ
Tel: (01904) 679 862

Thanks guys...will try and buy one tomorrow on my travels.

BAGS

Ask for Gerickes own make or brand. I had two bags each forty litre in the bristol store and they were £7.99 each 35-40 litre. Look like Ortlieb and will perform just as well unless you want to see the lable on the back of the bike. Have used ortlieb for many years in outdoor education centres but cannot fault the gericke copies.

Back
Top Bottom